Multiple Modes / Genre Groups

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
RichG

Multiple Modes / Genre Groups

Post by RichG »

I little while ago it was asked if having a Jazz mode would be of value to people...

What I would like to see is having multiple "modes" which can be configured by the user. The configuration of these modes need only be a selection of genres (in the way classical mode has a choice of which genres are included) and an icon for the task bar.

This way we could select from main toolbar icons a "Jazz mode" (which included Jazz, Latin, Trad, etc. genres), a "Rock mode" (including Rock, Heavy Metal, Prog, Indie, etc.), a "Reggae mode" (Ska, Reggae and Dub), a "Dance mode" (Funk, Disco, House, etc.) And so on.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Modes / Genre Groups

Post by musoware »

I like this idea, but I'd have to give the user total control of what the genre groups should be rather than making any assumptions, and that includes defining the icon that is to represent the group. That does make it a touch more difficult, but I'll certianly look into this when higher priority changes are done.
RichG

Re: Multiple Modes / Genre Groups

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:I like this idea, but I'd have to give the user total control of what the genre groups should be rather than making any assumptions, and that includes defining the icon that is to represent the group. That does make it a touch more difficult, but I'll certianly look into this when higher priority changes are done.

Yes, that pretty much what I expected. Glad you like the idea - hope you manage to work it in.