Exclamation Mark! - File Path problem

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Viking

Exclamation Mark! - File Path problem

Post by Viking »

Dear Jezbo,

In one Album Named "96% Låvedans" - I get red exclamation marks when I click on each track.
What does the red exclamation mark mean?
Screen Capture
Screen Capture
Capture.JPG (40.92 KiB) Viewed 8044 times
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Exclamation Mark!

Post by musoware »

You should get a message if you hover over the !. It probably means it can't find the track. Is there some weird character in the filepath too? Muso can handle the majority of these, but I may have to add a special case if there's a character it can't cope with in the file/folder path.
Viking

Post by Viking »

It seems as if the problem has to do with file and/or path name includes the special Norwegian character 'å' (as you can see in the attached screendump).
But what puzzles me is that I have a large number of albums with file name/path that includes this character and there is no problem. So the issue is incinsistant.
Presently, I have found three albums with the problem and the only commonality among them that I can see, (in addition to the Norwegian character), is that all three albums have names that begins with a percentage (Like; '100% Uggla'). Now that may be a wild guess, but I do know that in the unix world, the %-symbol is sometimes used to denote special characters (like 20% = space).
I do have a number of other albums also begnning with a percentage in the name, without the problem (like: '100% Columbian'), but those are all English titled tracks.
In the FullPath column, you can see how Muso interprets the character as; ' Ã¥ ' which clearly indicates that something is wrong. But then again, I have a large number of other Norwegian albums where the character 'å' is displayed correctly. In fact, the majority are correct.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (85.86 KiB) Viewed 8035 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Curious. Muso presumably added these paths by importing from LMS?
Can you queue these tracks to LMS OK? I guess it's not so critical if you can.
Do the instances where the path is recognised translate å as Ã¥ in the FullPath also, or correctly as å?
Viking

Post by Viking »

Yes, Muso added these paths by importing from LMS.
No, those tracks cannot be queued to LMS, but they populate the playlist, but are skipped during CD playback.
No, All instances where the 'å' is recognised also displays it correctly as 'å'.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I just made LMS scan a file with å in the path and LMS does decodes this single character to %C3%A5 in it's own tables, ie. as 2 encoded characters. But I pulled this into Muso and it correctly decoded this as å in the path, so not sure where it's going wrong for you. I don't suppose you can query the LMS tables? I wonder if it is only when the path also has a literal % character in the path - just checking that out.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Exclamation Mark! - File Path problem

Post by musoware »

Yes that does seem to be the case - if you have both a % literal character in the path and non-standard characters (might be only å), Muso decodes the path wrongly. I'm surprised you have so many instances!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please download 1.5.27 build 03 to see if this resolves the issue.
Viking

Post by Viking »

I did, but that did not solve the problem.
After installing 1.5.27 I did an [incremental] import from Muso. Same problem.
Then I did first a complete clear and rescan from the LMS web interface of LMS itself, followed by a clear DB and full import from Muso. Still, the same problem.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Try build 04 please - I think I forgot to update one of the library versions.