Composer hierarchy

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
MDE

Composer hierarchy

Post by MDE »

This is a semantic "bug" rather than a software bug:
If you create GroupHeader = Opus (= work) and then set it as the 2nd level in a hierarchy under Composer, then works which are not by that composer, but which happen to be on the same album as that composer's works can appear listed beneath that composer's name. This seems to be true even if Muso has not treated the composer as being a Titled Artist for the album. I would have thought that the hierarchy should operate at the track level, not the album level.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Composer hierarchy

Post by musoware »

Yes I was aware of this "feature" - it is at album level. Each node in the first level of the hierarchy collects albums which match that node's criteria - then the next level evaluates those albums for a match to it's own criteria (rather than the individual tracks which have matched level 1). The thing that worries me that this might be desired behaviour in some instances, I'll think it through further.
EDIT: No I can't think of any, whereas what it's doing now is definitely more "wrong". What I'd noticed before was that it was showing combinations of conductor and orchestra which never actually play together, they just both happen to exist on the same album. I'll see what can be done.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please try 1.5.27
MDE

Post by MDE »

That seems to do the trick, thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I haven't run through thorough tests on this yet, so it may be filtering out some sub-levels that it shouldn't. I'll be double-checking it soon.