Date added

Discuss Muso, or get help
Morbeas

Re: Date added

Post by Morbeas »

Here's the skinny on this issue directly from Erland:

"TrackStat takes it from the files the first time they are scanned into the library but it never updates it after that.
LMS takes it from the files and updates it every rescan"

So if you want muso to add albums once to your library, you must use TrackStat.
RichG

Post by RichG »

That would be fine, but I'm trying to avoid too many LMS plugins and I don't need any of the other functionality of TrackStat (I don't use ratings or care about last played times, etc).
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

If you're syncing with LMS, these are your options.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I still don't think we're talking about a "Bug" with Muso here. If you clear your both your LMS and Muso databases, then rebuild your LMS database and import into Muso from LMS, I think losing the original date added information in Muso isn't too surprising. To restore from a trackstat backup in LMS is a potentially useful workaround to the problem.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Correct. Muso isn't doing anything wrong.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

With that being the case I'll move this to the "Discussions" board.
Viking

Post by Viking »

I'm not sure I managed to follow all the details in this discussion, but what I can say, is that since I last cleared and rescanned LMS the other day, all my 6800 albums appears to have been adden in March! :-(
I'd like to have Muso use the time stamp of the directory where the album is stored as the "Date added". Is this possible ?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Possible if you can clear the Muso database, then re-import from the filesystem with the option "Preserve source date on Import" set. This depends on whether you'll lose any edited info on clearing your Muso database or whether it's all in your tags/LMS.
Viking

Post by Viking »

I just did that, and the result is the same. All albums appear added in March 2013. So "Preserve source date on Import" makes no difference. If I revert back to the Logitech GUI, and click "New Songs", it works correctly. But this information seems to get lost somwhow during Muso import. Again, my wish is to have the creation date of the main album directory set as "Source date". This is because I often maintain individual files (i.e. adding lyrics or comments) which changes the file date on that particular file but I do not wish to see that as a flag for changed source date on the whole album.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Viking wrote: Again, my wish is to have the creation date of the main album directory set as "Source date". This is because I often maintain individual files (i.e. adding lyrics or comments) which changes the file date on that particular file but I do not wish to see that as a flag for changed source date on the whole album.

I agree with this.

But can see that it maybe difficult to implement as AFAIK LMS doesn't include the folder / file dates as part of its scan so is not included in the database, meaning Muso would have to do its own scan for this data (although it would only need to on the first time a file / folder is added).