Date added

Discuss Muso, or get help
Morbeas

Re: Date added

Post by Morbeas »

Wait a second, it might not be muso that's at fault...
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well that is what I was trying to imply ;)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I was messing around with Custom Browse and when I clicked on "New Albums", I saw the same thing. They were in the exact same order. :\
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

So I've emailed Erland to see if he can point us in the right direction as to what the fix might be.

Edit: Erland is the developer for TrackStat, Custom Browse, Multi Library etc. They're LMS plugins. And not unlike you, he's incredibly talented and just as helpful. An all around good guy. :)
Last edited by Morbeas on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not sure there is a fix - they were added to LMS in that order!
Like I said though there is an option on import to Muso from a file/folder scan to use the creation date of the song files.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

But why is it that when I go to New Music in the web ui it is in its proper order?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That I don't know, not after deleting the .db files. Let's see what Erland says.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok, here's the scoop: Since muso writes all my RATING, LAST_PLAYED and PLAYCOUNT stats as tags to the files, when my LMS crashed and I rebuilt it after deleting the persist.db file, it rebuilt all the rating information directly from the files. So I never questioned anything since everything looked fine. Meanwhile, I still had to restore my TrackStat data. So since muso gets its info from TrackStat, that's why the date added information wass screwed up. I'm now in the process of doing a TrackStat restore (thank God for backups!) and will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks. :)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Aaaaaand, we're back! ;)
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (221.6 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
RichG

Post by RichG »

I've just done a clear and re-scan in LMS and seen this issue again. It occurred to me that it should be possible for Muso to ignore the "Data Added" entry on importing any tracks that are already in the library. This way Muso would keep the date set during the initial import and prevent these kind of issues. I can't think of any downside to this.