Date added

Discuss Muso, or get help
Morbeas

Date added

Post by Morbeas »

My LMS database got screwed up somehow and as a last resort, I had to delete both the persist.db and library.db files and let it rebuild. As a result of this, muso now sorts the albums alphabetically even when "Date Added" is selected.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (227.26 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
RichG

Re: Date added

Post by RichG »

I see this too after a clear and rescan in LMS.

I think "date added" refers to the date files are added to LMS, so when the database is cleared the dates all get reset to the current time and hence the sort order is as you see (although in my case it seems to also follow the folder structure of my files).

This has been discussed in the LMS forum in the past and there has been requests to change this behavior to no avail.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Under Options/Configuration there is an option to "Preserve Source Date on Import to Muso (in Date Added)". When importing from LMS this forces the LMS date added to be pushed into the Muso date added column (rather than recording the date added to Muso). But from what you are saying this is useless in your case since the LMS date added has been messed up too. But the option does work on a file/folder scan too - so it will pull Date Created from the media files into the Muso Date Added field - this may not be perfect but might be more useful that the ordering you are currently getting.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Actually, the dates in LMS is not screwed up. It's accurate (last thing I did before the crash was add a bunch of Billy Joel albums).

Also, I do have the "preserve source date" option checked.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

So what's the problem then? Are you saying these Billy Joel albums are not displayed as the most recently added in Muso?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

musoware wrote:So what's the problem then? Are you saying these Billy Joel albums are not displayed as the most recently added in Muso?
Yes, look at the screenshot in my original post.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't know how LMS preserved the "New Music" list from before the crash if you then deleted the .db files, I wouldn't have expected it to and I don't know what it uses to drive that list. I'm not sure Muso is actually doing anything wrong though if all the "Date Added" fields in LMS are reset.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I'm not sure, bub. Maybe LMS uses the actual file dates to create the "New Music" list?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

No idea what could be causing it? Anything I can try?

It's driving me nuts. :\
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If you have previously deleted the LMS .db files and cleared the Muso database as well, I'm not sure LMS will have preserved the original date added for pulling into Muso - you could check what is in the added column of the tracks_persistent table (and the track_statistics table if you have installed trackstat) if you have sqlite studio perhaps - that's where Muso pulls it from.