Art Scanning

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Viking

Art Scanning

Post by Viking »

Dear Jezbo,
I sent you an email with my log file and a screenshot attached a week ago.
It was sent to support@klarita.net
Have you had a chance to look at it?
(Ref post #1095 in the slimdevices Forum)

Rgds
Viking
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Art Scanning

Post by musoware »

Yes, I asked by return email whether you have the option set to import from LMS on Muso startup?
Viking

Post by Viking »

oops, I never saw that email (could it have been caught in my spam filter?)
Anyway - No, I do not have the option set to import from LMS on Muso start up. I fear this will extend the startup time beyond what I can accept.
I tried yesterday to Regenerate all thumbnails from the Appearance tab in the options window, but that didn't help much either.
Then I chose again to import from LMS after adding a number of new albums to my archive, and they all came up without albumart.
Finally I cleared the whole database and rescanned everything - and the result was perfect. (but it does take a while :-)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Regenerate Thumbnails only does so for albums which do have artwork, we still need to find out why some of your new albums don't.

Looking at the artwork scan at the end of your logfile, we can see these errors for each new album:

Code: Select all

04:< 621,464> GetCover Venke Knutson - Win with your Hands Down
         04:< 621,464> . DO SEARCH
         04:< 621,465> . LOOK IN SONG FOLDER \\NAS8C7D37\Qmultimedia\Music\Venke Knutson\Singles\Win With Your Hands Down
         04:< 621,684> . GetCover file search error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
         04:< 621,684> . LOOK IN TAGS:
         04:< 621,685> . . track#: \Qmultimedia\Music\Venke Knutson\Singles\Win With Your Hands Down\Venke Knutsen - Win with your Hands Down.mp3
         04:< 621,769> . . exception getting pic from tags : Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Do you normally have to enter a username/password when accessing files/folders under \\NAS8C7D37\Qmultimedia\Music? It seems it's missing some domain authentication to access the remote folder via the UNC path.

By the way where is your muso database folder - did you relocate it? 8 seconds just to copy the library xml to a backup file in the same folder is a touch excessive.
Viking

Post by Viking »

Hmmmm.... Yes, I do have a UserName/Password authentication to access my LMS.
This is properly entered into the Options Window under the Tab; Music Sources Squeezebox Server. Everything else works just fine, so I naturally assume that Muso knows how and when to provide the username and password given.
My Muso database folder is located on my local C: Drive. I never touched it.

(N.B. You wrote "some of my new albums" - this is slightly inaccurate. The problem does not only relate to "some" of mye new albums. It affects every new album added, and only new albums. Very Consistantly)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not talking about LMS authentication here, it's not accessing LMS at all in trying to fetch artwork. As you can see from the log excerpt it's only trying to access the folder and then the file and getting the same error on both. If you navigate to the folder under \\NAS8C7D37\Qmultimedia\Music via Windows Explorer after a reboot of your Windows box, does it ever ask you to authenticate via a username/password?
Viking

Post by Viking »

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't understand your question.
The answer is Yes, - I do have to provide username/password to access the music folder.
In my mind - it would be risky to leave the NAS wide open to anyone in my family or guest to have anonymous access to my server - don't you agree?
And if you do - this problem could potentially affect many Muso users - and as such have general interest (?)
What do you suggest as a solution beyond opening up the NAS completely?
(I am still puzzled as to why this is never a problem when I clear and rescan everything)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

As far as I'm aware once the domain authenticates your windows session once it shouldn't have to do so again. So I too am puzzled if (a) Muso cannot access the remote folder if you have already entered the username/password (is this the case?), and (b) why the clear and rescan doesn't have the same issue - unless as part of the clear/rescan process you have to enter the username/password for some other reason?
Viking

Post by Viking »

You were right, - If I take great care and ensure that NAS folder access is authenticated, then it works ok.
But would it be possible to make Muso bring up a dialog box and ask for authentication (just like explorer does), instead of just posting an error message in the log file?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hmm I don't know. I'll add it to my TODO list to investigate.
EDIT: I'm not sure I can do anything about it. Basically if you want Muso to fetch artwork from remote folders/files you need to ensure it has access to the remote folders/files first.