HQPlayer Poller problem

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
siginitz

HQPlayer Poller problem

Post by siginitz »

Hi, I still have the poller problem. When I boot my PC with internet disabled, it gives me a poller error and doesnt link with HQPlayer. If I boot with internet connection enabled it works perfect with HQPlayer. I even can disable internet connection and it continues working. Is it possible that muso when starting makes an internet recall? An if it is disabled it gets into that poller error advise? Would like to activate internet only if needed.
Thanks for your help with this wonderful software!
Best regards
Siginitz
musoware
Site Admin

Re: HQPlayer Poller problem

Post by musoware »

I couldn't reproduce your problem, though the first time I tried starting Muso with HQPlayer with the internet disabled I did get this alert from Windows Defender:

Capture.JPG

and I Allowed Access. Did you get a similar alert from your firewall? It's possible it is blocking access for HQPlayer to your private network when there is no internet. Check your firewall restrictions for HQplayer:

Capture2.JPG

Check you have allowed private access.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Hi, I allowed private access. At the bottom of HQPlayer board it states: No internet Access, check your network.
The HQPlayer log in muso states:
1 16:09:30.07 Connected to TCP socket host=localhost port=4321
9 16:09:30.08 Start TCP Reader
3 16:09:30.08 Start TCP Writer
10 16:09:30.08 ** Getplaylist
9 16:09:30.08 ** Initialise reader
9 16:09:30.08 SEND: Status
9 16:09:30.16 RECV: <?xml version =“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><Status result=“Error”>not authenticated and no internet access</Status>
9 16:09:30.16 ** Exception in HQPlayer poller: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
9 16:09:30.16 at MP3db.HQplayer . listener_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
1 16:09:37.72 Dispose
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That suggests to me that HQPlayer is saying it needs internet access, at least in starting up. Did you try their support to ask?

If you start HQPlayer manually without Muso does it still say "No internet Access, check your network." at the bottom if you have no access to the internet?
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Hi, it’s me again. I asked Jussi if HQPlayer needs internet. He answered yes. Now I managed to get a version 4.8.1 that works fine without internet. Installed it on 2 PCs, an older one and a newer one with the same Win10 software. All work without problem, and also without poller problem. My new PC with the same win10 software installs HQPlayer 4.8.1 and works fine with Muso, no poller problems. But it opens a second window telling: OMP: Warning #248: OMP_PLACES: syntax error, using „threads“. Do you know what that means? Do you have an idea how to get this warning away? Don’t understand why on the other PCs I don’t get that message!
Best regards
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That message means nothing to me, is the second window a Muso window or an HQPlayer one? A screenshot may help.

Glad the other problems are resolved though.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

It is a second window of HQPlayer, looks similar to a powershell window.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

siginitz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:18 pm It is a second window of HQPlayer, looks similar to a powershell window.
I'd ask Jussi about that too then.