HQPlayer not starting with Muso login

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: HQPlayer not starting with Muso login

Post by musoware »

2.7.04 is the latest version of muso so it must be HQPlayer that's changed. I only have version 4.0.4 of HQPlayer.

I've asked Jussi the HQPlayer author if anything's changed in recent versions.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

I am getting crazy! I had to install Acourate convolver (Room correction program) where HQPlayer sends a 2 channel file that is converted to a 8 channel system with correction filters. This worked in the past. After installation Muso continued to start HQPlayer ( the older version) but now I have another problem, it tells that there is a Player poller error!
Due to this error I can’t start an audio file with Muso. Don’t know how to solve this problem. When I install HQPlayer 4.2.2.0 also HQPlayer is not started by Muso.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Does HQPlayer 4.22.0 start at all? Even without Muso from the Windows menu? I just installed it and it doesn't start at all for me. I wondered if it's the same for you - apparently 4.22 requires a 4th Gen Core processor.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

HQPlayer starts without Muso in windows, I have no problem. But now it doesn’t start by Muso because of the Player poller Error.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I cannot install 4.22.0 without buying a new windows machine, and at the moment I cannot downgrade to an earlier v4 version that works for me either, so I'm a bit stuck. Can you send any more info about the player poller error?
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

Am sorry that you can’t start new version of HQPlayer. Did you try Version 4.19.0? This is started by Muso. In my case with the actual version of Muso HQPlayer is started, but it seems that the is no communication between them.A HQPlayer log is Not generated and the Muso2.log looks as attached:

Th Time stamp Timing log message
O1 O5:14:55:023 muso version 2.7.04
01 05:14:55:023 Friday 13. Oktober 2023 17:14:55
01 05:14:55:023 Diagnostics turned on
01 05:14:55:035 .012 Deactivate

And I get the message Player poller Message. What else can I send to you?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Where did you get the 4.19 installer? What exactly do you see in the player poller error and where?
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

The version of HQPlayer was stored under my downloads. I don’t understand what you mean, I just see the error message when I select in the left Muso window HQPlayer as player. And don’t get the announcement now playing in the same window. It seems that he has no connection to HQPlayer although he started it when starting Muso.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I mean do you see the player poller error in the muso window somewhere, in a log file, or in HQPlayer? And what exactly is the message? A screenshot would help. Not that I can really diagnose until I get a working version of HQPlayer 4 back, there are no historical downloads I can get a working version from.
siginitz

Post by siginitz »

I am not allowed to send images. Don’t know where to get permission. Can I contact you through a normal mail address?
When I start HQPlayer with Muso I get in the Window that opens if I move the mouse to the left in the section „Now Playing“ the Message : Player error:player poller error. And in the section Player : HQPlayer. That is all I can see. If I select as Player in that section HQPlayer again, it is deleted from the taskbar.
If I start HQPlayer first and play a file, in Muso I get the same Message and if I select HQPlayer the poller error message remains. There are no other messages in log or HQPlayer. It yurt continues playing if I started it in HqPlayer.