Import specific folder(s)

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
MDE

Import specific folder(s)

Post by MDE »

Would it be possible to import more than one folder (with shift- or ctrl- click), without having to re-import the whole library? I am ripping CDs in batches and I can't see how to import them in batches.
Thanls
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Import specific folder(s)

Post by musoware »

You could just tag a limited set of folders for a "Quick Scan". I rip new albums into a folder for each month so I only have to scan the one folder each time, I just create a new month folder and change my quick scan folder each month - it's quick & easy.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Thanks for that. If I use a "temporary" folder for recently ripped/tagged files and then later move them into the main library folder, will Muso find the new location? If so, do they need to be on the same PC? The reason for asking is that I am ripping files on my laptop, but the main library is on a networked machine.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:Thanks for that. If I use a "temporary" folder for recently ripped/tagged files and then later move them into the main library folder, will Muso find the new location? If so, do they need to be on the same PC? The reason for asking is that I am ripping files on my laptop, but the main library is on a networked machine.
If you move the song's folder (without renaming it), then scan the new folder location, Muso will recognise the fact that it has moved.