Separation between tracks/groups on album page

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
MDE

Separation between tracks/groups on album page

Post by MDE »

Is there a way of making grouping clearer on the album page? The issue arises when an album has a mixture of tracks which are stand-alone and others which are part of a group. It isn't particularly clear where there is a transition from a group to standalone track. I tried playing with the CSS and made the dividing lines more distinct after each track (and stronger than the border after a group heading), but the CSS does not distinguish between tracks which are part of a group and those which are not. What I'd ideally like is for the border at the bottom of a group of tracks to be stronger, with fainter borders between them. If there was a <div> container for a group as a whole (i.e. headers and tracks), I guess that would be achievable, but I couldn't see one from the CSS.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Separation between tracks/groups on album page

Post by musoware »

Personally I find the spacing enough to separate a group from a non-group:
Capture.PNG
What do others think?
MDE

Post by MDE »

I guess it's a matter of personal taste - which was why I was just trying to change it via CSS. If anyone wants to play with different settings, I've located the relevant classes and used the following CSS:
.track:not(.groupedTrack)
{
margin-top: 10px;
}

EDIT - also modified the groupheader margin for consistency:
.trackGroupHeader
{
color: goldenrod;
margin-top: 10px;
border-bottom: 1px dotted dimgray;
}
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

2.6.34 has this mod which may help:
. Add 'groupFiller' and 'bonusFiller' classes to the divs you get (in a track listing) between a group and a non-group, and between non-bonus and bonus tracks respectively, to make custom CSS easier.

I've made the default gaps a touch higher but you can adjust these via these CSS classes as you need.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Very helpful, thanks.