Stop button

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

Stop button

Post by Morbeas »

I've been meaning to ask for this for a while now but keep forgetting. Anyway, would it be possible to implement a Stop button, please? Maybe have the Play button turn into the Stop button and vice versa?

Thanks! :)
MDE

Re: Stop button

Post by MDE »

Er.. I use the pause button. Seems to stop it.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Really? Mine pauses it. The only way I have now to stop a song is to turn off the player or do it through the LMS web gui.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The only difference between stop and pause on LMS is that if it is followed by play it starts from the beginning rather than the previous position? I can't really see how that brings much to the table, unless I'm missing something.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

It's precisely that. When I hit stop, it means I'd like the song to start over. Plus, have you ever seen a music player of any kind without a stop button? ;)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll review it, but I think the original problem was the way all the players (supported by Muso) has differing support for stop & pause.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Would it be a lot of work to have the play button switch between Stop/Play functions?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's more usual to have a play button toggle between play and pause, but again Muso's problem is generic support across the different players. Not all players can feed back to Muso whether they are playing or paused. I'm still planning on looking into a stop button, which could be hidden on players that don't support it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Just found that LMS players restart the playing track on hitting the Play button while the track is still playing, which I think is the end result you wanted to achieve. I only found this when almost completing the stop button implementation though so you will still get that next release!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Wooo! Thanks a ton! :)