Lyrics

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Lyrics

Post by musoware »

By saying "Yes that should work" I meant it should work now in Muso - lyrics are exported in an extended LYRICS tag, and it's been this way a while - see http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok, I'll test it later. Thanks!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok I just got around to testing this and it's not exporting the lyrics. Actually I'm having a tough time getting muso to save the lyrics in its own database. So I find the lyrics for song x and I copy and paste them in the track page after I click on the "Edit track notes / lyrics" button. Is there something I'm supposed to do at this point to commit these changes to the database? The way it is now, if I leave the track page and come back to it, the lyrics are no longer there.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well yes you have to tell muso somehow that you have finished editing, just hitting the tab key or clicking elsewhere on the page is enough - or click on the edit icon to confirm the edit. I'll see if I can get this to happen implicitly on a paste operation though.

And after confirming the lyrics on the page you still have to export tags to the tracks, eg through the album's context menu "Write Tags". There's no function for writing tags for an individual track just yet.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Nope, does not work sir.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What does not work? Persisting the lyrics in the track page or writing it as a tag to the file? Either way I'll need more information - eg. what file type is it? Can you send me a log file?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

It neither keeps the lyrics on the trackpage nor does it export them as LYRICs tag.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

So you click on the field, paste in some text, TAB off the field, navigate elsewhere then come back to the track page and the text is gone? Maybe there's some error happening, I'd need to see a log. I've just tried it here and it works perfectly.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Click on song, paste lyrics, do a full import and the lyrics are gone. And under no circumstances does muso export them under the LYRICS tag. Can you please check into this?
Even the window that pops up only mentions the LAST_PLAYED, RATING and PLAYCOUNT tags.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Try this:
1) Click on song
2) Click on the "Click to Edit" link and type or paste in lyrics
3) TAB OFF the lyrics field so that the cursor is no longer in the edit field
4) Go back to the album then back to this track to confirm the lyrics are still there (at this stage they are ONLY in Muso, not your media tags)
5) Go back to the album and from the right-click context menu choose Write Tags, then All Tags or Static Tags only (do not choose dynamic tags as this only includes play count, last played and rating) - check status bar for success.
6) From the album page choose "Browse Album Folder", find the track, invoke your favourite tagging software and confirm the lyrics have been exported

I'm having no problem with this. I can then even clear the lyrics in Muso and re-load them from the exported tags to confirm both import and export. What filetype are you trying this with?

Testing export through mp3tag with FLAC file:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.39 KiB) Viewed 3854 times
NB. I would consider a feature request for an option to invoke an automatic export of edited lyrics/notes at track level.