Lyrics

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

Re: Lyrics

Post by Morbeas »

Ahhh, that's the problem. I've been selecting Dynamic Tags. So what exactly is the difference between those write tags options?

Though this still leaves the persistence problem. Do your lyrics survive a fresh import?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Dynamic tags are non-textual tags that change regularly : play count last played and rating.

Yes my tags survive an import, as it reads from the same tag as it has written to. What filetype are you trying this with?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

My entire library is FLAC.

Can you tell me exactly which tags are exported during this process? I'm afraid of overwriting something by accident.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok I just did a test and it seems it writes the LYRICS tag as well as a tag called ALBUMSUBHEADER which I had never heard of before. The info in that tag seems to be the same one I have in the COMMENT tag. I use that field to record the release information. It'll be something like 1997 - Immortal / EK 68898 / Limited Edition + 1 Bonus Track. So that's exactly what the ALBUMSUBHEADER contains with the addition of open and close parentheses. What exactly is the purpose of writing this tag?

Edit: It also seems to have written a value of 0 (zero) to the BONUS tag for every track. Is that as intended?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The tag mappings are laid out here, what it will read and optionally write to for each filetype (except for Apple lossless which I haven't completed yet) : http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping

Yes exporting the bonus flag is intended.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Why not just keep the BONUS tag for the bonus tracks instead of writing it to every track and creating clutter?

Also, lyrics persistence continues. Even with the lyrics exported to a tag, they disappear after a database clear. I tried doing a full LMS import, as well as deep folder scan but the lyrics never came back.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

On second thought, would it be possible to add the LYRICS tag along with the RATING, LAST_PLAYED and PLAYCOUNT tags to be exported during the extended tags export process please? I would rather not deal with trying to clean up the BONUS and ALBUMSUBHEADER tags. :(
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok just noticed something else that's very concerning to me. It seems muso has replaced my multiple value separators with two backslashes. So if my artist tag looked something like "Silverchair;Vitro" before, muso converted it to "Silverchair\\Vitro". This is very dangerous to say the least. I have put a lot of thought into my tagging scheme and am meticulous about which tags gets written to the files and to have muso come and change it all is nightmare-inducing. :(
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes I'll consider making lyrics one of the "dynamic" tags, as it's one of the values that is changed outside the database edit view.

For static tags, I can look into only storing the BONUS tag if it is set, not storing 0 if it is not set. ALBUMSUBHEADER is only stored if you have set it to something in Muso. I'll look into the double-backslash thing too.

I still don't understand why you aren't getting tagged lyrics back into muso, every test I have tried with this works.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I would really appreciate that. Thank you! :)