Lyrics

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

Lyrics

Post by Morbeas »

I'm not sure if there are any free sources of lyrics still available online but it would really be cool to have muso automatically retrieve and display the current song's lyrics in the Now Playing page.

PS. I know about the ability to search for lyrics from the Now Playing page but what I'm looking for is an automatic retrieval mechanism.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Lyrics

Post by musoware »

It's all too tied down by licencing restrictions these days I'm afraid, that's why it had to be replaced with the search facility. There are cost options but the costs are too prohibitive.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I see, that's unfortunate. How about being able to export the lyrics as tags?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes I'll look into that, in fact I thought it already did (when you write tags) - and it should import lyrics tags too.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

That would be great! Thank you!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What filetypes / tagging schemes are you wanting to export lyrics for? It should read & write now as per the Attribute Mapping for id3v2, ape and flac/vorbis at a minimum: http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I'm not sure I understand the question. My library is all FLAC so I'm interested in exporting the LYRICS tag.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yes that should work.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Thanks as always!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Did you ever get a chance to look at this?