More suggestions

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
blue2

More suggestions

Post by blue2 »

New user of version 2.6.03. Very impressive going from HQPlayer GUI to Muso! However downloading and trying out a new package I tend to be ultra cautious given all the spam and viruses around, so getting invalid publisher certificate warnings is off-putting - can this be fixed please? Adding to the mystery the installer uses ClickOnce so doesn't appear in Program Files or ditto (x86). This is a good feature as it checks for new versions on launch but maybe some notes would help?

Some other suggestions:
1. Can't see what track properties are in album view, could be added as right click
2. Could album view show bitrate/word/encoding?
3. Could album view have home/back/next to navigate + rescan files/rescan artwork buttons?
4. Could queue have buttons delete + up/down to reorder + play now + clear (instead of right click)?
5. Queue 'go to playlist' doesn't seem to work
6. Could album artwork have front/back/inside including PDF's?
7. Tools/Options/Sorting got null error - could we have sort on 3 keys eg. artist/year/album?
8. Can we have PCM/DSD preferred settings (same as Mapping in Alchemy) to over-ride Auto so PCM->DSD512 for example. This needs care as non-integer upsampling causes HQP CPU overload e.g. redbook CD 44k1 should only map to DSD512 22579200

I'd consider 1-7 as nice to haves, and 8 as a good selling point

Many thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Re: More suggestions

Post by musoware »

On the Invalid Publisher warnings, I'm aware of the issue and I'd love to address it, but the outlandish costs involved in purchasing and regularly renewing a digital certificate would mean Muso is no longer financially viable to develop & maintain.

I'll have a think about your other suggestions - as usual some other user votes will help expedite any of these to get them to jump to the head of the todo list.

I'm not sure what 8. means - bear in mind all Muso does is maintain a media library and push music to registered players, it doesn't do any audio processing itself.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Maybe there's another way round certification Jussi might know (HQP). Re #8 this doesn't require any DSP in Muso it just means you would preface the play command with appropriate settings the user selects as a mapping to e.g. redbook PCM, DSD64. The commands are:
--set-mode <index>
--set-filter <index>
--set-shaping <index>
--set-rate <index>
e.g. DSD/poly-sinc-short-mp/ASDM7/22579200 (DSD512)
hqp-control.exe localhost --set-mode 2
hqp-control.exe localhost --set-filter 3
hqp-control.exe localhost --set-shaping 4
hqp-control.exe localhost --set-mode 12
I've seen other requests for this on Computer Audiophile as the "Auto" feature can sometimes cause problems with flakey drivers like I have :(
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Perhaps one of the other HQPlayer users could help you out there - I thought this type of thing was what the Muso-Specific Config file could do for you. I'm not an HQPlayer user myself so I don't understand all the technicalities!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

So that's Muso Tools, Options Player Mic tab Muso-specific Config checkbox you're referring to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml>
<engine auto_family="0" cd_drive="W:" channels="2" cuda="0" direct_sdm="0" fft_size="512" pipeline_sdm="1" sdm_integrator="0" type="wasapi" volume_limit="-3" volume_min="-3">
<defaults bitrate="5644800" dither="5" filter="9" modulator="6" oversampling="6" samplerate="1536000"/>
<transport> ... </transport>
<wasapi dac_bits="0" dualwire="0" endpoint="{0.0.0.00000000}.{db9cbf29-ce70-4a7c-af68-7261dd723c0d}" pack_sdm="0" period_time="0"/>
<asio channel_offset="0" dac_bits="0" device="PDP3000HV ASIO 1.03" pack_sdm="0" pdm_div="8" period_time="0"/>
</engine>
<log enabled="0"/>
<interface full_screen="0"/>
</xml>

This looks like your XML command to start playing a track or 2? Alchemy's mapping feature is what folk like me are looking for. PM if you need help.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The config is up to you - Muso is merely giving you the means to edit it as you want it.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

It looks like you're collecting HQPlayer's saved XML state when it closes and offering that as 'Muso-Specific Config' file. This would reset HQPlayer's play list I think so anything queued in Muso would be ignored and defeats the purpose.
What do your XML commands look like for play/pause/stop and I'll try to get it working? Do you have any other XML commands to query HQPlayer's status?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If you look at the log file hqp.log in C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\logs (after closing a muso session) you should see a log of the basic XML communication that's happened on the TCP socket.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Here is an example of what's needed in XML over HTTP I believe you're using:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SetMode value="1" />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SetFilter value="8" />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SetShaping value="6" />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SetRate value="4" />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SelectTrack index="0" />
Normally I expect you only send the last command to play the first track. The 4 precursor commands set up HQP's DSP engine to decoding mode = PCM, filter = poly-sinc-short-mp, noise shaper = TPDF, sample rate = 96000

So the idea is you provide drop down lists the same as in HQP so the user can select the upsampling they prefer for various file types e.g redbook CD -> DSD512 The index values are the arguments in the 4 commands. You can detect the file type (and sample rates for that matter from tags), and set up the DSP accordingly for each track.

I don't know if you have anyone actually using 'Muso-Specific Config' but it looks to me like HQP would have to be restarted each time to invoke the manually entered values and playlist. Extremely tedious and unnecessary as one can just capture the playlist XML when HQP closes and save sets of these if one wants. So sadly no need to purchase Muso. I would have thought HQP users would be your best potential growth market :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The Muso interface to HQPlayer was driven entirely by HQP users so what you get is what users have asked for. This includes the Muso-Specific config - I think the idea was that they would use Muso as the master controller for HQPlayer; starting Muso will implicitly start HQPlayer up with this config, which allows users to tweak specific settings which I imagine could include all the settings you've mentioned. Perhaps some other HQPlayer users could weigh in here.