Various Artists Weirdness

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Re: Various Artists Weirdness

Post by RichG »

I did see some of that discussion but hadn't taken on board the implications of any change! Tagging of Various Artist albums has been a source of contention for a long long time, although I had thought it had settled down to a standard way (i.e. my way). Seems you will always get somebody who wants to do it a different way (language or not).

I really don't want to have to go and re-tag hundreds of albums and change my Foobar scripts just to get this to work properly in Muso.
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:LMS presumably files this album (and all others) under "Various Artists" too though doesn't it?
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/V ... ists_logic

Yes all three albums appear under Various Artists.
Last edited by RichG on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You'd be happy if all your compilations were collected together under "Various Artists" in Muso and showed this as the titled artist though? I think you just have to tick that tickbox under the Compilation options to get that to happen. That would at least be consistent with your tags if all compilations have "Various Artists" as the albumartist.
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:You'd be happy if all your compilations were collected together under "Various Artists" and showed this as the titled artist though? I think you just have to tick that tickbox under the Compilation options to get that to happen.
I liked having them come up the way they did - it's a lot clearer and quicker to navigate. But if that is the only solution .... :(
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's the quickest solution for now to ensure they are at least all together. I'm just thinking it through though - there may be something I can do later to get back the old behaviour, but I must be careful not to upset others!.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Sure - thanks!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm thinking that if you do have a titled artist that matches the group title for compilations, it might be an option to suppress it if you have the checkbox turned off which says to use it as the titled artist. The problem arises in that some of my users are adamant that they want muso to reflect tags exactly as they are defined, without any "intelligence" to hide it or show anything different - I can see their point too.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Yes, I can see this too, but it's not the standard way - I wonder what they do in other software?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Parking this one for now.