Now Playing - Customizable Sections

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
DuLac

Re: Now Playing - Customizable Sections

Post by DuLac »

I've welcome the addition of the screensaver. It is very low key with no unnecessary gimmicks as it should be, imo. Brilliant!
I use the Track Group Header tag to fill in the actual recording place and date. This information is shown when the screen saver is active. It is an important information and it looks great! However, I would also welcome if the Performers Tag info would be displayed next to it. To cope with the different users necessities ideally one should be able to define which tags one wants to be displayed when the screen saver is active. Is it feasable or desirable?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Ah yes, OK can add performer (Edit: it's in 2.6.02) - it does show a secondary line for conductor & orchestra when available so I should add Performer there. Perhaps in time I can add some extra configuration options about what info to show, and whether it should override the standard windows screensaver.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Screen saver is really great - really nicely done. Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

2.6.03 gets the screensaver to work across multiple monitors.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Hi Jeremy

There's a slight problem with the screen saver not detecting when I have video playing (I use mostly Media Player Classic), so it kicks in over the video. I need to remember to close Muso before playing video's, which is slightly annoying (as I generally forget).

Cheers
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Not sure Muso can deduce whether other running apps should take precedence over the screensaver - sounds like you should perhaps turn it off and invoke it manually when required.

I have had a look and there's no sure-fire way Muso can generally detect if a video is playing in any other application. I could detect if specific processes are running (perhaps allowing you to configure the .exe name), but even then Muso cannot tell if it's actively playing a video, it might have no file loaded or be paused.

I could instead perhaps generically detect if the app under focus is running in a full-screen window (i.e. overlaying the taskbar) before I allow the screensaver to automatically kick on on idle, but that won't detect if your video is playing normalized. It will however also pick up things like powerpoint presentations which also shouldn't be interrupted.
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:Not sure Muso can deduce whether other running apps should take precedence over the screensaver - sounds like you should perhaps turn it off and invoke it manually when required.

I have had a look and there's no sure-fire way Muso can generally detect if a video is playing in any other application. I could detect if specific processes are running (perhaps allowing you to configure the .exe name), but even then Muso cannot tell if it's actively playing a video, it might have no file loaded or be paused.

I could instead perhaps generically detect if the app under focus is running in a full-screen window (i.e. overlaying the taskbar) before I allow the screensaver to automatically kick on on idle, but that won't detect if your video is playing normalized. It will however also pick up things like powerpoint presentations which also shouldn't be interrupted.
Thanks for the reply Jez.

It's no big deal for me as it is - I just need to remember to close Muso before watching a film :oops: but if you do have time to look into it the full screen detection would be fine as I pretty much always run video that way on this machine.

Cheers
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yeah the fullscreen check should be possible - should be in next version.
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:Yeah the fullscreen check should be possible - should be in next version.
Thank you - working splendidly now.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I'd like to support the request for more album art i.e. front, back and inside including PDF's as downloads now have these.

Thanks