First steps with Muso: questions

Discuss Muso, or get help
mauri_va

First steps with Muso: questions

Post by mauri_va »

Hi!
After the request for cue sheet support (thanks a lot!), I'm testing Muso.
My pc is with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I connect Muso to LMS (7.9) on a linux machine.

Importing the db was ok, but with strange result.
The total number of tracks (and album) in Muso is not equal that in LMS: Muso reports 10 000 tracks less than LMS.
Why this?

About querying the db.
LMS has several ways to browse the music library, also an advanced search option.
In Muso I can see only a search filter.
Is this the only way to make a search in the db? No advanced query option?

For the player.
I use LMS often, but sometimes I use foobar installed on my Windows machine.
I know that foobar is supported, but I can not select it as player because I use a portable installation.
Is possible to set the folder where foobar is stored?

Some little bug.
The Help page (and initial screen in Muso) is not scrollable for me (also if I click inside the page).
To read all the text I must select and drag the text...
Also it seems that the "Now Palying" page is not always syncronized. I select an album to play and all was fine in listening, but the NP page reports the old page...

I think is enough for this time!
musoware
Site Admin

Re: First steps with Muso: questions

Post by musoware »

mauri_va wrote: Importing the db was ok, but with strange result.
The total number of tracks (and album) in Muso is not equal that in LMS: Muso reports 10 000 tracks less than LMS.
Why this?
How did you import? From LMS or a file/folder scan? If from LMS did you do a full import or a "quick" import? You would need to do a full import. You could send me the import log to investigate.
mauri_va wrote:About querying the db.
LMS has several ways to browse the music library, also an advanced search option.
Muso has several ways to browse the library (see http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page), but only a single filter. What would you want in an advanced query option?
mauri_va wrote:For the player.
I know that foobar is supported, but I can not select it as player because I use a portable installation.
It searches for it by process name rather than by location. Make sure you have turned on foobar as a player in Options/Players, then start foobar, and Muso should ist it as a player.
mauri_va wrote:Some little bug.
The Help page (and initial screen in Muso) is not scrollable for me (also if I click inside the page).
Also it seems that the "Now Palying" page is not always syncronized. I select an album to play and all was fine in listening, but the NP page reports the old page...
I'll investigate the help page - thanks.
I would need a diagnostics log (muso2.log file) to investigate the NP issue, if it's readily repeatable - you can turn this on via the little bug top right.
mauri_va

Post by mauri_va »

musoware wrote:
Why this?
How did you import? From LMS or a file/folder scan? If from LMS did you do a full import or a "quick" import? You would need to do a full import. You could send me the import log to investigate.
I did a full import from LMS...
I don't know where is the import log.
Could be tracks with non supported audio format?
musoware wrote:
Muso has several ways to browse the library (see http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page), but only a single filter. What would you want in an advanced query option?
There is very much to explore in Muso, sorry for newbie question!
What I'm looking for is an easy way to filter on a specific field of db or make simple query like:
- select * where 'specific-field' is empty
- select * where 'field1' = 'value1' and 'field2' = 'value2'
(basic sql here, I'm not an expert!!!)
musoware wrote:
It searches for it by process name rather than by location. Make sure you have turned on foobar as a player in Options/Players, then start foobar, and Muso should ist it as a player.
Thank you! It works.
No much info about that.
musoware wrote:
I would need a diagnostics log (muso2.log file) to investigate the NP issue, if it's readily repeatable - you can turn this on via the little bug top right.
About help page.
I downloaded today the offline setup and update Muso to 2.5.18 (I think I was on 2.5.17 before).
Now I got the scroll bar on help page: I don't know if it was the previous version or the installation type (online setup/offline setup).
About Now Playing page.
In my recent listening no problem: when I find a new error I try to save a log...

Thank you very much for attention: really appreciated!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

mauri_va wrote:
musoware wrote:
Why this?
I did a full import from LMS...
I don't know where is the import log.
Could be tracks with non supported audio format?
Yes you probably need to add to the list of supported file types muso will look for (Tools > Options > Configuration tab > Importing). Log files are under C:\Users\Public\Music\muso\logs.
mauri_va wrote:
musoware wrote:
There is very much to explore in Muso, sorry for newbie question!
What I'm looking for is an easy way to filter on a specific field of db or make simple query like:
- select * where 'specific-field' is empty
- select * where 'field1' = 'value1' and 'field2' = 'value2'
(basic sql here, I'm not an expert!!!)
I think as you play with Muso more you'll start to appreciate the various ways you can browse your library - though browsing is more at the album level rather than track. I could introduce some more advanced search/filter in the database view if it's required.
mauri_va wrote:
musoware wrote:
Thank you! It works.
No much info about that.
Good stuff.
mauri_va wrote:
musoware wrote:
About help page.
I downloaded today the offline setup and update Muso to 2.5.18 (I think I was on 2.5.17 before).
Now I got the scroll bar on help page: I don't know if it was the previous version or the installation type (online setup/offline setup).
About Now Playing page.
In my recent listening no problem: when I find a new error I try to save a log...

Thank you very much for attention: really appreciated!
:D