Cue sheet file support

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
marcoc1712

Re: Cue sheet file support

Post by marcoc1712 »

musoware wrote:Getting some joy now on another new LMS 7.9 instance on Windows, but only if I prefix the file spec with file....

Non-cue-based file paths don;t seem to care
and this works. I do worry that this may not work (or need a tweak) on Linux 7.9 hosts, but I can probably build something from this to trial with the community. I'm not intending to scan .cue files on a file/folder scan, but this solution will at least import .cue-based albums from LMS and allow playpack through squeezebox players, without having to split the media file.
Very good and I'm quite sure si going to work also in Linux, let me know if you need some more help.
mauri_va

Post by mauri_va »

I'm ready as beta-tester!!!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

2.5.17 is there now for you to try.

Allow .cue-based albums to be imported from LMS:
- LMS supports .cue-based album based on single media file, without having to split the album into separate track files.
- Muso can now import these albums from LMS, & can then queue the individual tracks back to any Squeezebox player (but not to other players)
- Only imports these if new option "Import .cue based albums from LMS (for playback only through LMS)" is ticked (default is ticked).
- LMS 7.9 is recommended (cannot support older versions - may or may not work on windows or linux hosts)
- NB. cue-based albums do have to be imported from LMS rather than a file/folder scan.
mauri_va

Post by mauri_va »

musoware wrote:2.5.17 is there now for you to try.

- LMS supports .cue-based album based on single media file, without having to split the album into separate track files.
- Muso can now import these albums from LMS, & can then queue the individual tracks back to any Squeezebox player (but not to other players)
- Only imports these if new option "Import .cue based albums from LMS (for playback only through LMS)" is ticked (default is ticked).
- LMS 7.9 is recommended (cannot support older versions - may or may not work on windows or linux hosts)
- NB. cue-based albums do have to be imported from LMS rather than a file/folder scan.
Tried this version and seems to work!
Now the album with cue sheet are stored with tracks in the db and first test in playing are working fine.
Thank you very much for this!

About support for other players, for me it would be great if this can be done also for foobar: this player support cue natively...
I don't know if could be easy to add this in a next version of Muso...
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

mauri_va wrote: Tried this version and seems to work!
Now the album with cue sheet are stored with tracks in the db and first test in playing are working fine.

About support for other players, for me it would be great if this can be done also for foobar: this player support cue natively...
Excellent thanks - and are you on LMS 7.8 or 7.9? WIndows or Linux?

I was actually planning to see if foobar could work with these files - though I'm not sure if the #start-end suffix is LMS-specific or is a generally adopted standard (perhaps marco could confirm?) - even so it may be possible to play the album as a whole on foobar.
mauri_va

Post by mauri_va »

My LMS are 7.9 version and is installed on a linux machine (Ubuntu Server 14.04).
I use Muso on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks - it's good to know this works on Linux with LMS 7.9, it wouldn't on my LMS 7.8 Linux server.
marcoc1712

Post by marcoc1712 »

musoware wrote:
mauri_va wrote: Tried this version and seems to work!

Excellent thanks - and are you on LMS 7.8 or 7.9? WIndows or Linux?

I was actually planning to see if foobar could work with these files - though I'm not sure if the #start-end suffix is LMS-specific or is a generally adopted standard (perhaps marco could confirm?) - even so it may be possible to play the album as a whole on foobar.
Not sure is a standarda and no idea on how handle that in foobar, sorry, but sure foobar is handling cue sheet in avery 'strict' way, not many metadata allowed here, just album, performer, track and per track performer, no composer, conductor and so on.
marcoc1712

Post by marcoc1712 »

mauri_va wrote:
musoware wrote:2.5.17 is there now for you to try.

Tried this version and seems to work!

Good, I'll give it a try. @musoware: Is the 'trial version complete or I'm going to miss some functionalities?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

2.5.17 isn't a trial, it's an official muso release - I protected existing functionality by putting the new logic under a new preference.