Beta 2.5 : Embedded Player?

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Beta 2.5 : Embedded Player?

Post by musoware »

Looks correct to me. Can you play on another local player like foobar?
Send me a muso2.log and I may be able to spot the cause.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Sorry, but ;

1. I do not know how to test with Foobar (But I do have Foobar installed)
2. I do not know where to find the log file on Muso 2.5 beta in Windows10

:roll:
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

1. Turn on foobar as a player in Options/Players, start foobar, select it as a player in Muso, play songs.
2. Click on the little bug icon top right to make it go red, this opens up the C:\Users\Public\Music\muso folder in which you'll find the muso2.log file. Reproduce your problem, turn the bug off again. Send the file to me.

NB. 2.5 is no longer Beta, I thought it's stable enough to release.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

1. Foobar was already turned on in Options/Players, and starting Foobar made it show up as a player, but it too never played, nor did the queue get filles with anything.
2. I tried to attach the log file but the Forum says that the extension log is not allowed..... (?) So I'll send that by email instead.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

oyvindo wrote:1. Foobar was already turned on in Options/Players, and starting Foobar made it show up as a player, but it too never played, nor did the queue get filles with anything.
2. I tried to attach the log file but the Forum says that the extension log is not allowed..... (?) So I'll send that by email instead.
I'm thinking it must be your path prefixes then - your log file shows errors such as:

TrackError: File Not Found: \\NASE84248\Multimedia\Music\Fay Wildhagen\Snow\01 - Into the Woods.mp3

Are you sure that path is correct & reachable from your muso host machine?
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Of course - choosing any other player works just fine.
Below you see all available players. All of them works just fine except Foobar and Embedded.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.2 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

But all those LMS players won't use that path, they will use the LMS prefix /share/Multimedia/music/etc.

Try navigating to \\NASE84248\Multimedia\Music\ from a windows explorer window to check the windows prefix.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Yes, of course I can. Below is a snapshot of the top part of an Explorer window I just used to navigate to that folder. All my Music is in there, organized as ; <Album_Artist> --> <Album_Name> --> <Track> - <Title>.mp3
All in all, approx. 9000 albums now.
Capture.JPG
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't understand why it's not finding the file at this path then: \\NASE84248\Multimedia\Music\Fay Wildhagen\Snow\01 - Into the Woods.mp3

If you open up \\NASE84248\Multimedia\Music\Fay Wildhagen\Snow in an explorer window THEN open Muso & try playing this album with a local player it still fails?
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Yes, it fails - exactly as described earlier.
But if I open this path from i.e. VLC Media Player or directly from Foobar, both can play that file, and all the other files.