First Setup/Configurate Muso (with NAS/Network): How?

Discuss Muso, or get help
oophoi

First Setup/Configurate Muso (with NAS/Network): How?

Post by oophoi »

Hello!

I am giving muso a trial as a possible better player/manager for my LMS/Squeezebox.

So, i installed Muso - and don't know and need help in setting up and configure it.

As background: I am using Logitech Media Server (LMS) on my QNAP-NAS and Muso is running at my Computer (Windows 8.1).
At Windows my music is reachable over the Explorer:

The IP-Adress for the Logitech Media Server is 192.168.178.22 I also use this IP-Adress to connect me via Telnet:

The Library.db and persist.db is also reachable with the Explorer:

Now how to configurate Muso? First i setup the Music Folder:

After that i am using import and this works fine.
So far, so good. But i fail at the LMS-Options:

You can see at the picture, what data i am using. I am not sure, what i have to do differently here. Can someone help me here?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: First Setup/Configurate Muso (with NAS/Network): How?

Post by musoware »

Hello & welcome.

Your host should just be 192.168.178.22 (no http:// prefix)
Your Squeezebox Server Path I think should be /storage/music/ - but it depends on your QNAP NAS & what the root music folder is.
The Equivalent Mso prefix should be the same folder as above as your windows Muso box knows it, eg. Y:\music or \\<host>\files\music (it understands the string <host> as the host IP already entered).
Your playlists folder I think is correct*.
The squeezebox.db folder also looks correct*.

* I would recommend using \\<host>\... UNC paths though rather than drive mappings - while both should work UNC paths seem to be quicker on startup and more reliable - especially with a fixed IP address.

Can anyone with a QNAP server confirm what the settings should be?
oophoi

Post by oophoi »

Thanks very much!

Its one step further now. I can connect my different Squeezbox Touch as player and also the Artist page looks fine (beautiful/useful!). With no http:// prefix it works fine

But when i choose an album with 'play now', it queues the music but it don't play. I have to do this with the LMS-Browser-Web-Interface.
Maybe as you mentioned Y:/Music don't work fine here.
I know, that Public is adressed internal at /share/Public or /share/HDA_DATA/Public (-> /share/Music) but http://192.168.178.22/share/Public is not

Or maybe something is wrong wit the 'Web Server Port'? I have used 9001 which is the correct one for Firefox and works fine, but with Muso it looks like this:

Well, i have found, that someone have the 'Disk I/O error'-Message at QNAP too (here -> answer) [Vortexbox:Setup.Muso]
Solution for 'Disk I/O' error: I have changed the permission of the files library.* and persist.* with chmod 774. Also muso is now member of the administrator-group. Now importing the LMS-library is working.

But still i can't play music with muso, i have to do it with my browser. When i am using muso, it looks like this in my browser:

So i think, muso sends the playlist to LMS but LMS can't work with this? The link in the browser looks good, the music files (mp3/flac) are at this position.
Option dialog looks now like this:

musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The path prefixes will need adjusting as appropriate - but not having a QNAP NAS I don't know precisely what they should be - but they should refer to the same root folder, in the first case as the LMS server would refer to it, and in the second case as the windows box hosting Muso would refer to it. What do you see in your LMS Settings page under "Media Folders" ?

http://192.168.178.22:9000/settings/index.html
oophoi

Post by oophoi »

I think, you mean this one:

and this i have to copy like this? :

I am not sure, what do you mean with "as the windows box hosting Muso would refer to it".
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Path prefixes look correct now assuming Muso prefix is \\192.168.178.22\share\Qmultimedia\Musik
(without a trailing \ - I can't see the end)
However your playlist folder now looks wrong - try \\192.168.178.22\share\Qmultimedia\Wiedergabelisten