2.3.10 issues

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

2.3.10 issues

Post by MDE »

Not sure I understood the release notes re 2.3.10. I can't see much difference from 2.3.9. Remote does not seem to work properly, however:
Config keeps losing the connected player.
On selecting some music from an album page, it reverts to the home screen, not back to the album page.
Frequently hangs when queuing music from an album page - possibly connected to the above issues - I can see through the modal that the screen behind is now the home page with no player selected, even though I was on the album page with a player connected beforehand.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: 2.3.10 issues

Post by musoware »

Do the connection issues still occur regularly? Sometimes I get sporadic connection issues which normally go away after a while, or after an LMS restart. I don't think 2.3.10 had anything which would have affected this. I'll see if I can see what you mean concerning the other issues.
MDE

Post by MDE »

The connection issue happens every time I do something. This wasn't present in earlier versions. It's quite hard to work out what is going on as quite a lot seems to be going wrong. So I'll go through a specific example step by step. I want to play just one work (of several movements) on an album.

1. On launch of Remote, title says "disconnected", even though a player was selected on the desktop. Composers/Artists button says "Composers"
2. Select a player - OK.
3. Go Home->Composer->Album page - OK.
4. Select a GroupHeading to "play now". Says "queuing" and hangs.
5. Select "Close". It goes back to the home page with nothing (not even "disconnected") in the Title and Composers/Artists button says "Artists"
6. Select "View Artists". Button is highlighted but nothing happens.
7. Reload the page. Now I'm back to square one - "disconnected" with Composers button showing. (Config shows no player selected. Desktop still seems OK).

Now I try just selecting one track at a time.
1-3 as above.
4. Select a track. Track plays. Screen returns to Home page (rather than Album page where I was).
Now I'm back at 5 - 7 as above.
8. Select "now playing" - OK (even though it says "disconnected").
9. Adjust volume. This adjusts the volume of the previously selected player, even though it still says "disconnected".
10. Select the album page from the now playing page - OK.
11. Select the next track to play. Now I'm back to 5 again.

OK - I give up - I'll play the whole album!
Same result as for a single track - it plays OK but reverts to the screen described in 5.

BTW (minor point) - when I do this on the desktop in a browser (rather than the iPad which is what I normally do), the cursor is a finger for the album, a pointer for the track and a text cursor for the GroupHeading.
BTW2, since I got my Rasp Pi, I haven't had to restart LMS in weeks, other than to update plugins etc. So much more reliable than W.....s.

[EDIT] BTW3. At point 5 described above, all buttons other than Albums and Artists work. Config still shows the selected player, but it is not in the Title bar.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK I've corrected one thing that might affect much of the above, it was a little weird and I don't know why this just started happening but there was an unwanted postback occurring when you used any of the queue buttons on the track overlay - you may have noticed running on a desktop browser that it refreshes to the homepage with arguments ?radioCategory=...&radioPlayer=...&search=... - this was unintentional behavior.

So please download 2.3.11 and see how many of the above issues this hopefully resolves (not sure about the very first...).
MDE

Post by MDE »

That all seems to work now - including the queuing of groups. Thanks.
The downloads are still a problem - takes 8-9 attempts each time (fortunately they are incremental). I don't know whether this is linked to the warning messages that pop up in Chrome that the file is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous - this may be what causes the download to pause. Maybe the warning is after a certain time delay and because my connection is so slow, the file hasn't downloaded before the warning pops up and pauses it? Anyway, I would think that the warning is a bit off-putting to any new potential users.
EDIT - see https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... hl=en&rd=1
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If I try to download the files it takes about 3-4 seconds, and I'm on a standard broadband connection.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I'm on Cumbrian wet string - 700k if I'm lucky! So it takes about a minute (or it would if it didn't keep stopping).