Remote wishlist

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
MDE

Remote wishlist

Post by MDE »

Thought I'd jot down a list of things it would be nice to see in a new version of Remote (in no particular order).
1. On all pages - have a "Home" button that takes you back to the start page and a "NP" button to take you to the NP page (with the obvious exceptions).
2. On the NP page:
(a) display time elapsed/remaining info.
(b) display the currently selected player with a link to config so it can be changed.
(c) display all roles, as in Album page.
(d) display the volume level of the currently selected player.
(e) highlight the > button only when playing, otherwise highlight the || button.
3. On the Artist/Composer listing page have an A-Z index to allow rapid access to required artist / composer.
4. Similarly, on the album listing page, (a) have an A-Z index to allow rapid access to required album. Obviously this only applies to Album Name and Artist / Composer sort orders. (b) Allow sort order reversal for all sort orders.
5. Add an "artist" page that mirrors the artist page on the desktop and which can be accessed by clicking on any "role" name on an album or NP page. Include external links on this page, such as last.fm, wikipedia.
6. Change the "search" function so that it operates in a similar fashion to the desktop - i.e. show albums with matching tracks, or group matching tracks by Album / GroupHeading. Presently the tracks are simply listed, and not even in the same order as they appear on the album - so the movements of one work can be scattered around.
7. Change the "top tags" and "top genres" so that the user can decide the cut-off level and include all if required (similar to "search"? or maybe just allow selection of any number of stars to match). At present (I think) it requires at least 4 stars to appear.
8. "More like this" to display the selected albums for review before playing.
9. View the full (queued) playlist. (Not expecting any more than the limited desktop functionality here as I understand that Muso cannot do full manipulation of the playlist - i.e. it just queues a list to the player.)

Of these the most important are, I think, (1), (3) and (4a) in that the lack of these causes a certain amount of frustration in use. Also I do find that I have to reload the home page sometimes to get it working properly - usually after I have navigated back to it - hopefully (1) would fix that too.
maggio

Re: Remote wishlist

Post by maggio »

MDE wrote: ...

Of these the most important are, I think, (1), (3) and (4a) in that the lack of these causes a certain amount of frustration in use.
+1
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks, if users could add their votes it would help drive a priority order.

Regarding (1), you might not be aware that changing orientation to landscape on a mobile device switches immediately to NP view, and back again on portrait. If this is more of an annoyance than useful let me know. But to make every page show Back,Home,& NP buttons at the top (along with some pages showing Sort too) might make selection fiddly, and leave less room for a title.
MDE

Post by MDE »

MDE wrote: 7. Change the "top tags" and "top genres" so that the user can decide the cut-off level and include all if required (similar to "search"? or maybe just allow selection of any number of stars to match). At present (I think) it requires at least 4 stars to appear.
PS - I realise that this can be done in the Desktop - tool options, so this suggestion is to move it to the remote itself.
jammy

Post by jammy »

Just another request for the remote, I think it would be very fine if we can get the timeline of the song in the "now playing" page.
And whynot on the screensaver too...