2.3.07 testing

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

2.3.07 testing

Post by MDE »

Not able to properly test this as away from home for a few days. From what I can see, the role attribute "bracket stripping" works OK for external lookups, but not for internal lookups (at least not as I understood it would). It seemed to work at first but then stopped. For example the screen below is what I get when clicking "Johann Sebastian Bach (harmonisation)" after setting (...) as attributes. last.fm is OK but the whole of my extensive JSB collection is reduced to this one track which only matches the exact role.
Image1.jpg
BTW the about screen shows version 2.3.06.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: 2.3.07 testing

Post by musoware »

That's what I'd expect yes - we did decide against collating the two roles ("Johann Sebastian Bach" and "Johann Sebastian Bach (harmonisation)") together as one. You are seeing a match of tracks where he is harmonising. But it has found Bach in the Artist Info by stripping off the attribute, it presumably didn't do that before. There might be a case for adding a "More by this Artist" section where an artist page includes attributes, as you see on an album & track page.

Thanks for the heads-up about the version number in help/about.
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:we did decide against collating the two roles ("Johann Sebastian Bach" and "Johann Sebastian Bach (harmonisation)") together as one.
Ah. Slight misunderstanding - I understood that discussion as only referring to the hierarchy view, not the artist page. Not sure what is best, but I think that, at least, the rest of the artist's oeuvre should only be a click away. If "more by this artist" is the solution, then not sure how that would deal with multiple attributes. Maybe just a "synonym" list under the artist name?
EDIT: I think that "more by this artist" does not generally appear on the artist page, as all their work is listed in the main section, so maybe a list of their synonyms at the top of the main list might be best? (Sorry, realise this doesn't really belong under "bugs" any more).
MDE

Post by MDE »

Minor point: If an artist (or any role) appears more that once (with different attributes) on an album, then the album page displays duplicates of the last.fm lookup.