Period filter

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
MDE

Period filter

Post by MDE »

If I select "Early" in the preset Period filters, it shows the same list as "Early Romantic". Looking at the list, it is all Romantic; in fact, I don't think I have any "early" music (pre 800 per Muso setting).
Also, does this filter use the dates in the composers list, or can it be triggered in another way? I note that none of the listed composers lived before 800 anyway (except Paul Fetler, who has no dates).
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Period filter

Post by musoware »

Yes it's driven from the composer roster, it can only be an estimate based on overlaying the periods with the likely date range that each would have been MOST productive (eg. birth+30 to death-5) - so one composer could easily be associated with two periods. It's not ideal but something I do tend to use from time to time. Of course it depends on having composer names matching those in the roster - not something everyone has when fixing composer names in tags before import, because they don't have the roster available.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Period filter

Post by musoware »

Oh I see what you mean - it's getting the "Early" period wrong entirely. Will fix.

NB. The standard roster doesn't include any composers who would be associated with the "Early" (pre-Medieval) period up to year 800, you'd have to enter some yourself.