support for HQplayer

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: support for HQplayer

Post by musoware »

ted_b wrote:Question: since Muso is "simply" (I know it ain't simple) handing HQplayer playlists, will this work for multichannel playback too (since HQPlayer is fine with multichannel)?
No idea, I suppose so, all Muso is doing is pushing music & commands through hqp-control.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

Has v2.3.07 anything towards support for HQPlayer?

In general where do you publish your changelog?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

bibo01 wrote:Has v2.3.07 anything towards support for HQPlayer?

In general where do you publish your changelog?
No it didn't - what is the priority with regards HQPlayer?

Changelog is in this forum under News / Change History.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I have seen that it is now possible to change some settings in HQPlayer.xml and reload HQPlayer.

A suggestion:
Would it be possible to have in the Player window 4 drop down menus to match HQPlayer's 4 drop down menus - filter, dither, frequency, output.
Each entry has a specific numeric reference in the setting xml file. For example, if one chooses PCM output, the filter options are:
0 : None
1 : IIR
2 : FIR
3 : Asymmetric FIR
4 : Minimum-phase FIR
5 : FFT
6 : Fast roll-off linear-phase polyphase
7 : Fast roll-off minimum-phase polyphase
8 : Slow roll-off linear-phase polyphase
9 : Slow roll-off minimum-phase polyphase
10 : ASRC
11 : Polynomial interpolator type 1
12 : Polynomial interpolator type 2
13 : Minimum-ringing FIR
14 : Half-band polyphase

One could change settings on-the-fly by importing setting into HQPlayer, without reloading the whole application. Probably, if a playlist was loaded, it would need to be reloaded.
Is this possible through hqp-control?

EDIT: if it is possible, it could be done with 2 drop down menus only. The top one gives four options - output, filter, dither/modulator, frequency; the bottom one gives the values according to the choice made in the top one.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not sure that's possible through hqp-control, can they not be set through the config xml? or would you want to change these settings frequently?
Is it not convenient enough to have muso running side-by-side with hqplayer and do this type of thing in hqplayer itself?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

I think I would prefer to deal with a single interface, rather than having two applications side by side. It's even more relevant for remote use.
Personally I change HQPlaye settings between classical and rock/pop music.
musoware wrote:I'm not sure that's possible through hqp-control, can they not be set through the config xml? ...
I am not sure myself. Isn't it possible to load a new config xml on-the-fly, without HQPlayer having to reboot?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

bibo01 wrote:Isn't it possible to load a new config xml on-the-fly, without HQPlayer having to reboot?
As far as I know, no, since the config xml is an argument to HQPlayer-desktop.exe, rerunning this when already running just starts a new instance.
antonellocaroli

Post by antonellocaroli »

just it happens to me with that file dsf now playing does not update?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

Hi,

Miska has done a few changes with extra options to hqp-control in the final, just released v3.8.0 as you can read here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-s ... post449346
Among them there is the addition of index to those playlist commands and the ability to set the filter and other settings.
However, bogi reported some side effects: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-s ... post449434
to be fixed in 3.8.1
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

3.8.1 of HQPlayer is out.
It should be possible to design a more complete interface for it