An update option

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
musoware
Site Admin

Re: An update option

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:Using "File Creation Date" seems to change the date added even if the file is only modified. So it seems that Muso is using the "modified date" not the "creation date" as stated. On inspection, that seems to be because Windows changes the FLAC file creation date, even if only the tags are changed.
I'll check this out. Either way it should only be setting the Date Added according to this preference when the file is actually added to Muso, not when it is updated.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You are right it is doing this on an update, it's based on the assumption that Muso should always reflect the File Creation Date in it's Date Added column, so if File Creation Date has changed this is being reflected. Question is: why is windows changing your file creation date? Is it mp3tag that is doing it? I see in mp3tag there's an option to preserve Date Modified but it may be that when this is turned off it is updating Date Created too. I can make Muso only set Date Added when a file is actually added, but strictly speaking this shouldn't be necessary - it's doing as it says on the label, ie PRESERVING the file creation date.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I've changed MP3tag options and selected "Preserve file modification time when saving tags". I think this may be the cause, but I note that Muso is updating the file creation date in windows when writing out the tags.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yeah I'll have to review this - I think I do update the timestamp when using the write static tags option, but not when tags are written via "Apply & Save" - I'll see if I can remember why that is. In any case muso 2.3.03 has just been released which won't update Date Added from the file creation date on an update.