DATE and YEAR tags

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
Morbeas

Re: DATE and YEAR tags

Post by Morbeas »

Sounds great. I'm with RichG on this one.

Thanks as always.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

So it sounds like two album years will be enough, even if you wanted to use my suggested ORIGINAL YEAR field for Recorded Year. Are you saying in general terms we might need a track level DATE field as well, eg for jazz session date?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

That may not be a bad idea also for best of compilation albums where each track is from a different year though ORIGINAL YEAR tag may also be used for each track in that instance.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

musoware wrote:Are you saying in general terms we might need a track level DATE field as well, eg for jazz session date?
Yes. It think I could take some advantage of a track level date. Below you can see an example of how I use TRACKGROUPHEADER to identify each session date and consequently grouping under that header the respective performers.
Attachments
session date.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think that works pretty well as it is using the track group header: I don't see having a separate date would enhance that at all unless you wanted to drive a query by session date - as you'd need a session location as well.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

musoware wrote:I think that works pretty well as it is using the track group header: I don't see having a separate date would enhance that at all unless you wanted to drive a query by session date - as you'd need a session location as well.
Exactly. I would still need to use the Group Header for the session location. I can live very well without that extra date although someone may find it useful to be able to follow a performer's career, for instance.