Raspberry Pi Squeezeplug Integration

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
hermano

Raspberry Pi Squeezeplug Integration

Post by hermano »

hello
Posted this in introduction section earlier but guess it may not be seen....apologies for double post.

I used Muso many years ago with my squeezebox and really enjoyed it...Like many people I have come back to the squeeze universe via a Raspberry Pi and squeezeplug...but am disappointed and somewhat surprised that Muso does not seem to integrate with this. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Given the popularity of the Raspberry Pi set -up with squeezeplug I would have thought Muso would have been keen to be part of this development.
is there any likelihood of this happening in the near future?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry Pi Squeezeplug Integration

Post by musoware »

Muso interfaces with an LMS server and (via the CLI) squeeze players that are connected to the server. So I'm surprised Muso doesn't work with a Raspberry Pi Squeezeplug assuming this is just another flavour of player. Or if you are using your Pi as an LMS server I'd expect the same to apply if it's standard LMS. Unfortunately I don't have one to play with to try this out. Is there anyone else with this issue?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I've had LMS server running on a Pogoplug. Muso worked flawlessly as with any other server running LMS. My 2 cents!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Perhaps the OP could clarify whether he's using a Raspberry Pi as a server or a player, and exactly how he's tried to set it up (screenshots of options pages) with details of what happens (or doesn't happen) when trying to point Muso to it.
hermano

Post by hermano »

musoware wrote:Perhaps the OP could clarify whether he's using a Raspberry Pi as a server or a player, and exactly how he's tried to set it up (screenshots of options pages) with details of what happens (or doesn't happen) when trying to point Muso to it.
Hi, Thanks for replies. I have my Pi set up as both player and server (squeezelite and squeezeplug)...with 2tb hard drive via usb. All plays perfectly and I use various android and windows phone apps to control.
As I had mentioned, some years ago I used a squeezebox and used muso as a way of controlling and viewing etc. I just decided to try and run it again with current set-up but it does not show up. I have tried changing a few settings under options...such as changing Host to squeezeplug..but no luck.

I wonder if it is because Platform only gives Windows/mac/Linux options?

This is no biggie...I am using my Pi to play fine and control is easy with apps etc...this was just going to be a bonus as had used before.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's just a flavour of Linux isn't it? Try changing the Muso options that include the LMS host from "squeezeplug" to the IP address of your squeezeplug.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Any progress?
hermano

Post by hermano »

musoware wrote:Any progress?

hi again, No sorry, I gave up. I tried a few things like mentioned, such as putting IP address in etc...but could not get muso to recognise squeezeplug/squeezelite.
Although I would have been pleased if it worked, I was not going to spend hours trying to get it to...as am happy enough with current controllers and managers.

maybe someone else here will start using the rasp pi and figure it out at some point....if so, i look forward to how they get on.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I hope so - my thinking is it must be possible.
MDE

Post by MDE »

It all works fine with my Raspberry Pi - just installed a couple of weeks ago with the max2play/squeezeplug OS. Muso is on laptop. Pi is running the LMS. Music is on an xp server, which will be moved to a usb hdd attached to the Pi just as soon as I've forked out some more dosh. It works with various players - SB touch, iPod, Pi.
The important bit to get right is the Options --> Music Sources --> Squeezebox Server (LMS) configuration:
Host should be the ip address of your Pi. CLI port 9090. Platform Linux.
Set up the matching paths for the Squeezebox server:
Squeezebox server path prefix needs to point to your music as seen by the Pi - e.g. /media/usb/music
Equivalent prefix on Muso needs to point to the music as seen by the PC running Muso - e.g. \\MAX2PLAY\music
The best way of getting the latter exactly right is to edit a track in Muso and see what path Muso shows for it.

I then control Muso from an iPad using VNC (still waiting for that Muso iPad app ;) )

The only problem I'm having which may be nothing to do with the Pi, is that Muso hangs if I hibernate the laptop then wake it - I have to kill Muso and restart it. I only noticed this recently, so it may be the Pi or it may be the latest version of Muso that caused it (2.3.03 - 64 bit).