muso unable to send some instructions to SBS

Discuss Muso, or get help
DuLac

muso unable to send some instructions to SBS

Post by DuLac »

I ran SBS on a VB machine with a fixed IP. muso was working normally until today. Now when I try to pass instructions to the SBS to play a given album or a song the song or songs using muso, these songs appear on muso's queued music but that information is nor passed on to the SBS server. Nothing shows on that end.
However, if I use the SBS HTML front end to play something and then I use muso to play another different tune the music that is playing immediately stops when I press Play Now.
Again if I use SBS front end to play an album and then go to muso and play the same album when I press Play Next, SBS receives that instruction and responds accordingly. The Volume arrows are working too.
Basically the situation I am facing is that I cannot use muso to start playing anything
I have checked CLI and the SQLite connection and all is OK.
If I try to command the server from an iPad running iPeng HD all is OK too.
Can someone try to point me in the right direction? I have not got the faintest idea of what is going wrong although I suppose the problem is on the server.

PS - I installed muso from fresh on a portable PC and got exactly the same behaviour described above. It is definitely a problem with SBS. Any hint as to where I should start looking would be highly appreciated.
DuLac

Re: muso unable to send some instructions to SBS

Post by DuLac »

I tried everything I could think of (and knew) to no avail. I reinstalled SBS, I removed all SBS plugins and nothing changed. I uploaded a muso log file to see if something there can give any clues to what is happening.
The link is

Code: Select all

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/30267025/file.html
SBS without muso acting as its frontend is a real pain. Thank you.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What caused the change? Did you upgrade Muso or SBS (LMS)?

Also could you try a player other than Jazz%40PogoPlug? Perhaps that player is acting up.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

No, I have not upgraded anything. I also tried with different players namely a Logitech Classic and SqueezeLite and always got the same result. I even tried a HTML command which I believesends a CLI command to the server (ie http://vortexbox:9000/status.suffix?p0= ... &player=IP address). Nothing happened.
I think I've installed a 3rd party plugin maybe some 2 weeks ago. The plugin, of which I can not remember the name, had to do with some additional info to be displayed on the Logitech Classic. I could not make it to work properly and it was deleted.
A few day ago I start noticing that SBS reaction to muso's commands was not immediate. Nothing dramatic but looking back I think that there was some abnormal extra delay. I also noted that very often I needed to click the Refresh icon to activate the connection with the server.
I asked for help hoping that what I reported could ring a bell. I am sure that there is nothing wrong with muso and I will have to reinstall VB once again. That was exactly what I was trying to avoid as the actual scanning of the music library takes ages to complete. Thanks for trying to help me.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I see you refer to your music source using IP address 192.168.1.27 - is that a fixed IP? If not it may have changed if you powered up devices in a different order.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I've also installed a little program called Moose (which allowed me to see how much better muso is in all aspects) and the problem does not show there. I do not know if this program uses the same approach used by muso to communicate with the server (CLI).
I am using a fixed IP address.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Still puzzled how this can suddenly happen then. Can I see your LMS/SBS Options tab?
I think Moose does use the CLI also yes.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Here is the image of the option tab as requested
muso_options.jpg
Please note that
a) I already tried using the IP address of the server instead of VORTEXBOX.
b) I also tried different capitalizations (Vortexbox and vortexbox)
c) In the box for the server paths and muso equivalents originally I had only '/storage/music/' and '\\VORTEXBOX\files\music\'. The second path was added to try and solve the problem
d) I also plugged the server directly in to router
e) On a portable machine I also installed the legacy version 1.5.53 but the result has always been the same as reported
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I recommend you replace VORTEXBOX with your fixed IP in all those options, and just have this in your equivalences:
/storage/music/ (maps to) \\<fixed ip>\files\music\
(remembering the trailing slashes on both)
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I think I am onto something now. I managed to play files from with muso again. I succeeded with music files that I had imported already sometime ago. Their path in muso read something like that

\storage\music\flac\folder\track
On the other hand newly imported albuns do not play as per my report here and their paths read

\\192.168.1.27\files\music\flac\folder\track
I fiddled with Music Library.xml and changed a few entries to comply with the above. These entries that prior would not play played alright then.
I do nor recall having changed a thing in the way I process imports into muso. But I honestly do not know!
I also do not know how to set up muso so that the paths written to the xml file follow the pattern described above, which muso seems to understand. Can you help?