muso unable to send some instructions to SBS

Discuss Muso, or get help
DuLac

Re: muso unable to send some instructions to SBS

Post by DuLac »

Do you have any idea how the path for some tracks in the xml database show \storage\ instead of \\ip address? There is no way I can think of to try and recreate that behaviour. As reported this is the only way that muso communicates successfully with SBS.
Is there something that ought to be changed to make muso work and behave as before. I did not change a thing on my network and all seems to be working faultlessly. Any hints would be highly appreciated as I am kind of lost here. Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If you import into muso from a file scan you'll have file paths in muso starting \\VORTEXBOX\. (or the IP address if you have the mapping set to that). If you import into Muso from an LMS scan however you#ll have file paths in Muso starting /storage/. But either way with the equivalence set up correctly it will translate both forms to the same path when needing to refer to it from the windows machine (the \\VORTEXBOX\ form), or telling LMS to play a file (the /storage/ form). Did you try my suggestion in changing your path mappings?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Yes I did. But I went to have a look again and found that I had an extra digit on the IP.
Obviously it could not work. I feel really silly and apologize for taking your time. Everything seems to be in order now. Thank you once again