Fun with CSS....

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
RichG

Fun with CSS....

Post by RichG »

Hi Jeremy

I've been doing a little more to the CSS of my theme, mostly with results I'm happy with. I should say that my html/css skills are rather limited and out of date, so I've had to do a fair bit of trial and error and referring to the IE developer view to get things working.

However, I've hit upon a troublesome area while wrestling with the "By-Track" view on the Artists page.

By adding the following, I was able to get it to look closer to my liking :

Code: Select all

.track
{
	display: table-row;
}

.trackLink
{
	color: Silver;
}
By_Track.jpg
However, this is breaking the "By-Album" view - the duration gets shown to the left of the track name:
By_Album.jpg
I've tried a number of things to fix this, including adding float tags and varying the display type tag, but cannot get a workable solution.

The closest I've managed to get is not quite ideal (the duration text needs to be aligned to the right, but it fails me as to how):
By_Album_2.jpg
One thing I noticed - in the html the "duration" element is listed before both "tracknum" and "trackname" . Could this be messing things up?
Or can it to be fixed with some simple css that I've overlooked??

Thanks for any help.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Fun with CSS....

Post by musoware »

This has alerted me to the fact that the "By Tacks" view still needs a bit of work.

What you could do, if your rule should apply only to the "By Tracks" view, is to modify your rule to be:
#tracks_byTrack .track
Since in the By Track view they are contained within a div with id "tracks_byTrack".
RichG

Post by RichG »

Ah, that was the missing piece :) - thanks!

I'd suggest that "By Tracks" might well be worth spending a little time on. It's not a view I use a great deal, but a few people I've shown Muso to have asked if their is such a view and have commented on its short comings in comparison to the rest of the program (which always impresses).
RichG

Post by RichG »

Jeremy,
Thanks for yesterdays update.

Unfortunately it has shed light on what seems to be a small bug. In the 'By-Track' view some tracks are being shown at the start of the list with a colon. This appears to be occurring to tracks that are not themselves in track groups but are part of albums that do have other tracks in groups:
group_bug.jpg

This colon is preventing the tracks being sorted in correct order.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Another CSS question. I have been exploring more theme ideas and one thing I'm trying to implement is varying the indentation of group header text and track title:
staggered.jpg
My question is - is there some way that song titles not part of a group can be staggered a different amount to those within groups, such that the group titles and titles of tracks not in groups would be in vertical alignment? [In the pictured example - '6-Ouverture' would align with 'Symphonie']

I think this would help differentiation of grouped tracks and individual tracks. Exploring the CSS options doesn't suggest a way to do this.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Not as it stands no, but I have added another classname to the individual tracks in a group to help with this in the future (for next release). Then with the rule:

Code: Select all

.groupedTrack
{
	font-size: 80%;
	margin-left: 20px;
}
You get:
Capture.JPG
RichG

Post by RichG »

Marvellous - thank you!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's in 2.0.11.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks Jeremy, that does exactly what I was hoping:
stagger-working.jpg
RichG

Post by RichG »

Would it be possible to add a separate classname for numerical time display element? Currently I can't seem to move this without effecting the other #info stuff.