Muso on the iPad

Discuss Muso, or get help
MDE

Muso on the iPad

Post by MDE »

Just playing with my new iPad ;) ( birthday comes just before Xmas ). Shame there is no Muso app BUT as well as the Muso browser I have added the VNC app. This means that I can control Muso on the server direct from my iPad. It's a little clunky in that it doesn't have the full touch interface but other than that it works pretty well - not bad for £6.99.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso on the iPad

Post by musoware »

That's something I wanted to play with, but never got round to getting an ipad to try it out. With full windows 8 tablets now available pretty cheaply, I may go down that route for the tablet-Muso experience.

What touch interface functions do you think are missing? The gestures are interpreted by the VNC app?
MDE

Re: Muso on the iPad

Post by MDE »

VNC emulates the actual PC screen, so you get a pointer/cursor which you drag around. Your finger is not over the cursor when you do this. If you tap the screen, it selects the item where the cursor is, not where your finger is. There are special gestures to emulate right button, wheel etc. it works fine but the interface is not the same as standard iPad app. I think the reason for this is that touch alone might not be precise enough. BTW I set the server screen size to be the same as the iPad.