Some Embedded Artwork is not loaded

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Trempf

Some Embedded Artwork is not loaded

Post by Trempf »

Hey there!
I am using flac and mp3 with embedded artwork and configured Muso so that it should use these. All the artwork is shown correctly on the SqueezeBoxes and software media players.

But in Muso only about 90% of the files get a cover. If it works or not seems to depend on the embedded graphic file. All "albums" with the same cover don't work. If I replace the not-working cover with a different file and I am lucky, this cover works.

Is there any way to tell which artwork Muso can handle?

Thanks
Trempf
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Some Embedded Artwork is not loaded

Post by musoware »

Hi Trempf

So you want muso to always to use embedded artwork rather than image files which might sit along-side the music files, or web lookups, is that right? Perhaps you could send me the first track of an album which doesn't work (ie. send me the music file with embedded artwork) and I'll see if I can work out why it can't extract it. I assume that if LMS is running on a machine other than the machine running muso that muso has read access to the media, and an appropriate equivalence path is set up? It would help greatly if I could see a screenshot of your Options/Music Sources/Squeezebox Server (LMS) tab to assist the diagnosis.
Trempf

Post by Trempf »

Hi!
Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes, I only want to use the embedded artwork. I normally run the LMS on my NAS, but I also installed the windows version on the same machine that run muso and put some mp3s on this machine. so that I can be sure that it is no access or equivalence path problem. But check the screen shot ;-)

I attached a jpg of an artwork, that is not working. If I embed this file to any mp3 (using mp3tag) muso is not able to use it. If I configure muso, so that it used the artwork files in the folder, this file works.

I figured out that it helps to export the artwork, save it as .png and re-import it. So with some batch processing I could get rid of the problem, but it would be nice to avoid this workaround.

Thanks in advance

Trempf
Attachments
options.jpg
Shostakovich - Suite for Variety Orchestra.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll try to embed that image using mp3tag but as there are a few options / tagging schemes it would be much better if you could send me an mp3 file where it's already embedded and cannot be extracted - send to support@klarita.net

EDIT: I just added it via mp3tag and muso picked it up no problem.
One point to note is that muso will only look in the first 3 tracks of the album for embedded artwork, if none is found in the first 3 it gives up - could this explain your problem maybe?
Trempf

Post by Trempf »

Hi!

I just sent you 2 files. Hope you find something. I tried to embed the artwork with EAC with the same result, so it really seems to be an issue with the "source" image, not the embedding.

All my files have the artwork embedded, so it can't be the the first-3-files behaviour.

Trempf
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Please install 1.5.46 (build 01) and retry a missing artwork search, hopefully it's fixed.
Trempf

Post by Trempf »

HURRAY! :-)

Looks very good. All artwork is now loaded correctly!

(Make me wonder if I was the only one with this problem?!)

Thanks!

Trempf
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No you wouldn't have been, it was a generic issue to do with memory management in GDI+ (.NET's imaging subsystem). I'm not exactly sure why it affected some embedded images and not others, but I found a workaround.

Moving this thread to the fixed bugs sub-forum...