Genre

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
Morbeas

Genre

Post by Morbeas »

When I go to an album page, it's not clear what the genre is. Any way you can remedy this?

Thanks.
Morbeas

Re: Genre

Post by Morbeas »

No? :\
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well it could be added (or listed if > 1), but I doubt it's usefulness. I think genre is a good way to filter albums, but once you have focused on an album I don't really see the value of showing it's genre : if I see a Metallica album I have a pretty good idea what genre it is, same for Bach. If it's just to visually confirm that the genre tags are correct you could go & edit the album's tracks.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

It's a variety of reasons, several of which you mentioned. It also completes the amount of information available for a given album.

Any reason for the reluctance? I see no downside to displaying it.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well where to show it for one thing, would you expect it to show all genres if there are multiple, or just the main genre? We may find room for the latter. Some compilations could have several to many genres remember.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I make it a point to tag stuff with a single genre for simplicity's sake so multiple genres is not a concern for me. As to the where, I guess you could put it in the upper left corner where the album name, artist and the album image is.

Thanks again for taking a look at this.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

See if you like 1.5.41 - it had to go in the left panel rather than the header area. When there are multiple genres, it shows the main genre first (the genre on most tracks).
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

It kind of gets lost in there among all the other information but I'll take it. Thanks! :)
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

What about in the upper left corner, right below the artist name?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No I don't want it in the header, I don't want to juggle the other header data to make room. I have some pseudo-album compilations where there are dozens of genres (eg. Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time) and I suspect other users may have the same. The left panel, being scrollable, means this can be accommodated without issue. I think the genre(s) comes under the category of incidental data when looking at a single album, rather than key/header data.