Error in DataGridView

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
DuLac

Error in DataGridView

Post by DuLac »

Every so often when editing an entry muso hangs with a message as shown below. It happens quite often but I cannot tell exactly when or after which action(s).
Is this something that other people is experiencing too?
Attachments
error_muso.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Error in DataGridView

Post by musoware »

Well I never have, and I probably use grid view more than anyone! Next time it occurs, see if you can remember exactly what you did before-hand, eg. where you clicked.
Does it continue if you click OK?
If you manage to narrow down what causes it then please capture in a muso.log file.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Ok, I shall try and see if I can replicate it.
If I press OK nothing happens. Nothing, except an exactly similar message appears on top of the previous one. A new message appears every time I click OK.
CTRL+ALT+DEL seems to be the only way to go.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Correction to my previous post.
Whenever I get the error a new error message keep on popping up every other second or less like if muso was going through a cycle. That happens without any intervention from my side. Clicking OK has no effect whatsoever.
I get this error when I use the 'Import from a Specific Folder' option. I can almost guarantee it never happens with my first import. But on a subsequent import it can happen from no special apparent reason. I choose 'Import from a specific folder', look for the folder I want on the directory tree and suddenly I get the error message. Attached you will find a sequence of error messages prior to me hitting the CTRL+ALT+DEL.
Attachments
Muso_error.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK that's useful info - when you fire the Import are you already in database view, or does it switch to show db view? How long after selecting your folder do the messages start appearing?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I am almost certain that every time it happens it switches to Grid View.
It happens when I select the folder but at least once it happened when I clicked OK after having chosen the folder I wanted.
Let me tell you that many times instead of grid view I get a corresponding blank area. It does not bother me really so I always click OK. However, now that I am trying to describe the other problem I realized that there could be some connection.
My PC has 16Gb RAM and runs Win 7 Ultimate.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK please try to capture in a muso.log file - I'm unable to reproduce it this end.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Still waiting for the log file. A couple more things too:

Can you confirm what page/view you are on when you invoke the import and get the error, or whether it can be any? If it only happens if you invoke the import while you are on the Now Playing page, the error repeating every second might suggest it's something to do with the timeline updating every second. If so does the error clear if you turn the timeline off? (Options > Configuration > Global Options).

If you turn on the option to open the log file after importing (Options > Configuration > Importing), does the error first occur before or after the log file is opened, or at about the same time?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I have been absent until today. Will send the log file as soon as I get the error again.
Edited. I am attaching the zipped log file. The error happened when importing music files from M:\Jazz Giants '58 - Stan Getz, Gerry Mullingan, Harry Edison, Louis Bellson & Oscar Peterson Trio 1957\
Attachments
muso.zip
(31.88 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

It has been more than 1 month already without experiencing this error. I have not changed anything in the way I import data into muso. But apparently all is well now.