Import Bonus Tracks (Database View after Import)

Discuss Muso, or get help
Viking

Import Bonus Tracks (Database View after Import)

Post by Viking »

After doing an import, Muso presents a text based view with a large number of tracks with an option to tag each one as a bonus track.
1. Why is Muso doing this?
2. On what criteria are those particular tracks presented? (None of them are actual bonus tracks, but typically track 01,02,03 from one CD and all tracks from another, an so on... randomly it seems)
3. When I click Gallery, Muso present a small dialog box named "Exit Database Page" and asks me if I want to save the outstandig changes to the music database. Why this question?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Import Bonus Tracks

Post by musoware »

When you do an import, it's updating the track database but NOT auto-saving all the changes applied by the import - the database view it gives after the import are all those tracks that have been added or updated by the import, and shows you the track details deduced from the tags (or from LMS). It's nothing specifically to do with tagging bonus tracks (what gives you that impression?) although you can do that as well. This important step is to give you the chance to review all the changes performed by the import (perhaps by viewing the log file as well which can be auto-opened after the import), tweak some track fields if necessary (almost always necessary for classical albums which are rarely tagged properly), and then either SAVE the whole lot or CANCEL it - in this case CANCEL rolls back the WHOLE import. This is possibly critical if perhaps you got your import actions wrong and wish to tweak things and import again. This is why it is asking you if you want to Save when exiting the database view and going back to gallery view : you need to decide whether to accept or reject the results of each import.
Viking

Re: Import Bonus Tracks (Database View after Import)

Post by Viking »

I understand, but I first cleared the whole DB and imported everything (now more than 100k+ tracks), yet still the Database Page only presented a few hundred lines and among them several albums only partly (typically track 1-4, then skipping to some other album) and I was unable to determine if there was any logic to the order in which albums were presented (not alphabetically at least). And as far as I recall, this is the only page where I have seen the Bonus track option (?) Is this like a one shot only and if you don't do it now, you've had it.... ? (unless you import everything again)
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Import Bonus Tracks (Database View after Import)

Post by musoware »

Does the database page have only "Just Imported Only" ticked at the top? It should then present ALL the tracks that have been imported (created or changed). The order is driven by the column you select (click on the header).

It is the only page where the bonus track column is shown, true, but of course you can revisit this page any time - at album level you right click and choose "Edit Tracks" to edit the tracks in a specific album and mark the bonus tracks as you wish.