WARNING: Unable to Upgrade LastFolder Info.

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

WARNING: Unable to Upgrade LastFolder Info.

Post by RichG »

Hi,

Just upgraded to new version (1.5.33) and am now getting a warning at start-up:

"WARNING: Unable to upgrade LastFolder info. Please capture in debug mode and send to support"

I've duly captured the log and the relevant section reads as follows:

01:< 54.592> initdb done
01:< 54.593> InitAlbumDataManager
01:< 54.750> WARNING: Unable to upgrade LastFolder info. Please report to Support:
01:< 54.751> The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
01:< 54.764> at System.IO.Path.SafeSetStackPointerValue(Char* buffer, Int32 index, Char value)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
at AlbumBrowser.BrowserForm..ctor(Boolean remoteControl)

Clicking OK on the dialog box allows Muso to continue and it appears to function OK.

Previous version was running fine a couple of days ago.

I can forward the log file to you if this will help.

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: WARNING: Unable to Upgrade LastFolder Info.

Post by musoware »

This was the 1.5.32 change. You will get this error every time you start up and you may notice some glitches in operation, so you might like to revert to 1.5.31 while I get this fixed. A muso.log would be useful before you revert though.

http://klarita.net/musoSetup1531.msi (you'll have to uninstall before you revert, it should keep your database and settings though)

Somehow muso's reference to one or more of your files (once it has applied the muso prefix) is going over the maximum 260 characters that Windows can deal with. Do you have a very deep music file structure, or is your muso prefix quite long? (by muso prefix I mean the "equivalent prefix in muso" from the Options/Music Sources/LMS tab). Is there any way it could be shortened? I'm sure I can fix the issue in the place it is now occurring but this limit could potentially blow anywhere that muso needs to reference the long file path(s) unless you re-organise some of your long folder names or configure a shorter prefix.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes - I do have some very long path / filenames for tracks in my library (mostly classical tracks, due to the way I've handled naming files for a long time), which on occasion also through up problems when editing tags in the Muso database until I fix the file names.

I may well have to re-think my file naming scheme / folder structure. I've had problems in the past with backup software too due to the same problem, although Linux seems to be better here.

The muso prefix is not long - '\\Server\musiclibrary\' so probably not an issue.

I will send you the log file and revert back for the time being.

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hang fire on the revert, I think I have a fix for the upgrade issue. Please try the latest 1.5.33 - I just issued a build 01. Please do send the log if the upgrade issue reoccurs with this build.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks - that fixed it. Luckily I saw your post just before I was going to start the revert :)

Cheers.