Memory usage

Discuss Muso, or get help
MDE

Memory usage

Post by MDE »

How much memory should Muso use? Currently it seems to be 340mb and I'm only part-way through ripping my CDs. Are there any tips to reduce usage? What is others' experience?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Memory usage

Post by musoware »

140mb on startup with 43,000 tracks and 2,600 albums, which is less than firefox usually takes up. This is using task manager, but that's not an accurate measure really, neither is the resource manager on Windows 7. .NET processes will hold onto memory (for old disposed objects) when it doesn't actually need to, but will release it to other processes when memory is short, so what you see in resource manager isn't always a true reflection on how much memory is really being used to hold data at any one time. It will appear to grow the longer you leave it open too, but most of the extra will be disposable memory that it can release when needed.
RichG

Post by RichG »

On start up of Muso, Process Explorer is reporting 167MB (with virtual size of 520 MB). My library is ~4200 Albums (FLAC & MP3).
MDE

Post by MDE »

I must confess, I really don't understand this memory stuff. I was going by the Windows Task Manager. Procexp gives slightly different information. Anyway Muso is now down at 70mb. No idea how it grew to 340.