Response received from host but CLI not active.

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
musoware
Site Admin

Response received from host but CLI not active.

Post by musoware »

I don't think this is a bug in Muso, but it's often failing to connect to squeezebox players, and I have found that this is because the LMS CLI isn't responding. On the Test CLI button I'm getting:

Response received from host but CLI not active. Check CLI port number (default is 9090).

Even an external telnet session isn't responding, which is why I don't think it's a Muso bug (unless it's Muso that's responsible for putting it into this state, but I don't think so). It's more likely to be an issue with LMS or VortexBox.

Fortunately the workaround is fairly simple if a little inconvenient: stop and restart LMS.

Amyone else have this problem lately?
MDE

Re: Response received from host but CLI not active.

Post by MDE »

I have had problems with LMS not responding, even though it seems to be running. I assumed it was an LMS problem (it also sometimes just stops for no good reason). As you say - solved by stopping and restarting. Next time it happens, I'll poke around a bit more.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It never used to occur but it's doing so quite often lately (once a day at least). What LMS platform are you on?

I hope it's not the new remote control that's affected it in some way - that also uses a telnet session to communicate via the CLI, but it's only using the same code as the main application.
MDE

Post by MDE »

7.7.2 on the main server ( I gave up updating after a while as I decided there were more negatives than positives).
I have had the problem intermittently (once every day or two) for a while, so nothing to do with the app.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I'm actually relieved to read this. I've been having problems with LMS crashing more and more lately. Are there no hints as to what might be causing it in the logs?
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I have this a lot in the logs:

[13-03-22 05:11:03.9541] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning: [05:11:03.9534] Can't locate auto/IO/Interface/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains: /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/TrackStat/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SongLyrics/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/NoSetup/lib CODE(0xc0dd4fc) /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/InformationScreen/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/DatabaseQuery/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomScan/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomBrowse/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Plugins/MHCPAN /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/arch/5.8/X86 /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/arch/5.8/X86/auto /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/arch/5.8.6/X86 /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/arch/5.8.6/X86/auto /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/arch/X86 /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/lib /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/X86 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/X86 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . CODE(0xc0dd58c)) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/AutoLoader.pm line 170.
at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/CPAN/IO/Interface.pm line 12
[13-03-22 08:23:25.8486] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[13-03-22 08:31:45.5366] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

LMS isn't crashing for me, it's acting normally outside the CLI not responding, i.e. I can interact with it via the squeezebox device remote even when I get that error on the Test CLI button.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Oh no, not me. Once it crashes, I have no choice but to stop/start LMS to get it to respond again.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Do the error messages from my logs above mean anything to you?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Different issue then.
No, not really.