Not connecting with iTunes

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Not connecting with iTunes

Post by MDE »

I'm having problems still with Muso not being able to play to iTunes (unable to select it as a player). I've emailed the log file. Since then I've done a full system reboot and still no joy. iTunes flashes on the taskbar when I select it as a player but it doesn't connect. I don't understand this as I don't recall changing anything and it was working fine previously.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Not connecting with iTunes

Post by musoware »

Sometimes iTunes doesn't register its API (application programming interface) properly when you upgrade it. Normally the API can be kicked into life by stopping iTunes, then running the command iTunes.exe /regserver from the Start/Run box. If this fails, open a command window (in administrator mode if available), locate your iTunes.exe, and type in "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /regserver (change the path to match the location of your iTunes.exe) and hit enter.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Done that (in Administrator). Restarted iTunes and Muso (in that order). No luck. The funny thing is that I have not updated iTunes. All I did was download iOS6 to update the iPod touch.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:Done that (in Administrator). Restarted iTunes and Muso (in that order). No luck. The funny thing is that I have not updated iTunes. All I did was download iOS6 to update the iPod touch.
That's nothing to do with iTunes on your PC though right? What version is it on your PC? I'll make sure mine's the same (can't repeat it with mine - where do you even find the version info in the new iTunes??).
MDE

Post by MDE »

I'm on 11.0.0.163
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK where do you find the iTunes version info and where can you invoke Check for Updates? The menu is gone in the latest version.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Click the little button at the top lhs and show menu bar, then help
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Just found it before I saw your post - I knew I was being stupid.
I'm on 11.0.2.26 which it seems is the very latest. Could you upgrade? Maybe they had an issue with the API in 11.0.0.163.
I
MDE

Post by MDE »

I'll upgrade, BT, Apple and other gods willing.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Installed 11.0.2.26 (eventually) and restarted both progs with the same result :(
iTunes flashes on the task bar but no connection made.