Remote problem

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Re: Remote problem

Post by MDE »

Downloaded iOS6 last night. Muso remote runs OK now. Still don't know what the problem was as it seems specific to Muso. I'll keep the wife's iPod on iOS5 for a while so can test on that platform if you want.
Now I've got it working, I'll give it a run around and report back.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's good to know. I might see if I can down-grade my ipod so I can see these things first hand. However, if we can't progress I may just have to make ios6 a pre-requisite. It would be nice to know why though - as you said jquery mobile otherwise seems to be supported, but the errors you captured do seem to be specific to the jquery mobile css!

EDIT: Downgrading ios would be a hack - not sure I want to risk that.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I can report this problem or a very similar one with an iPod 1st generation running IOS 5.1.1, if I got you right. It happens both with Chrome and Safari.
There were times I got a glimpse of the correct layout for a extremely brief period of time (tenths of seconds) but I was not able to replicate again when that happens.
Attachments
P1050095.jpg
P1050095.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The screenshots suggest that muso's own CSS is working, but jquery mobile is having problems.
I downgraded jquery mobile to 1.2 in a new build (1.5.30.4), it's worth a try.
Are you SURE javascript is enabled? This looks eerily similar to my screen on the ipod when I disable it.
Viking

Post by Viking »

Excuse me fo using the same thread, but since the topic is the same, I thought it would be OK....
I found that I had to completely turn off the Windows Firewall on my PC in order to get access from my iPhone 4s through iOS6 and Safari.
I'm unable to figure out how to open just port 5555 for Muso.
Do you have som guidelines?
(By the way - I love the App - from a beta stand point. This definitely has potential!)
MDE

Post by MDE »

Go to the Windows firewall in the Control Panel. Click "Allow a program through Windows Firewall". Go to the Exceptions tab and "add port...". Give it a name (like Muso remote) and enter the port number 5555.
Viking

Post by Viking »

Sorry, but there is no such thing as "Add Port" on that tab - in fact, there isn't even a tab. You must be refering to an older version of Windows. The Firewall GUI has been completely redesigned. All I can do, is to Add another program, but Muso isn't even on the list......

Edit: I found it. This link explains it:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... s-firewall
And now it works :D