Launch Logo

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
Viking

Launch Logo

Post by Viking »

When I load Muso, it takes quite a while to start up, (about average 25s). Meanwhile, there are no indications that anything is actually going on (no spinning wheel, nothing on screen). The reason it takes so long (all is relative), is probably becuase my DB is quite large.
Would it make sense to add a splash screen logo or something that remains on screen with the string "Loading....... Please wait" while Muso gets on its feet?
(Like MediaMonkey does).
I think this is an important issue, especially to first time users. People tend to be very impationt these days, and many expect things to happen right away, if not, they'll conclude in error that Muso is just another one of those "trying to, but failed"..... I've seen people uninstall try-before-you-buy SW faster than you can say 'cake' cause their impatient. If a splash screen would keep even a small number of potential users attention long enough, we know its worth the wait.

Just an idea.... :-)
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Launch Logo

Post by musoware »

I'll see what I can do - I'd agree it needs something if it takes that long to load your db. How big is it?
RichG

Post by RichG »

25 seconds! Thats quick, mine takes around a minute to load (I have ~3000 albums and a low spec ION based MicroATX PC).

Agree a splash screen is a good idea. However a fix to get it to start up faster would be better, if possible.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Mine takes under 10s for 2573 albums (over 43,000 tracks). It's a basic dual-core laptop.

RichG - send me a muso.log and I should be able to evaluate where this time is going.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks Jez. I've emailed you a log file.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Added startup splash screen in 1.5.28
Viking

Post by Viking »

The Muso Web Site says 1.5.28 but the msi-file says 1.5.27 and that's what it is. Did you forget to link to the right msi file?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You're right I did, please try again now.