Import from Specific Folder alternative screen

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
DuLac

Import from Specific Folder alternative screen

Post by DuLac »

I use the Import from a Specific Folder a lot. However, if one has a large library which is in a network server the process takes too many mouse clicks, «Page Down» keys clicking and time to be practical.
If technically feasible I would welcome having the other standard Windows screen from where I could have the directories sorted by date, as per attached picture.
Attachments
muso_import.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Import from Specific Folder alternative screen

Post by musoware »

I've been meaning to look at this myself, since the existing dialog does not allow you to (easily) specify a network folder, and doesn't allow you to type in the path (or a prefix of it). I'm not sure about allowing sorting by date/time since that goes beyond what the framework gives you, but I'll look into it as a custom control.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

The sorting is automatic if you click on the respective column header. If you click twice the sorting order is reversed. If the column you wish to sort is not visible you can easily extend the dialog screen and bring it to the required order/position using the mouse only. Mouse right clicking has the same behaviour of right clicking in Windows Explorer. But I am pretty sure you know this.
Anyway I am glad that you are looking into this yourself. Cheers,
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

What I mean to say is that the .NET framework does not give the programmer access to the windows explorer interface, I'd have to write something to mimic it.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I just got the 1.5.48 version. I could not believe it! :o You are blimming fast! :P
Thank you very much
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Have to confess I didn't write it - I found a 3rd party control online with open source licence. Does it do as you wanted?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Absolutely! Furthermore and certainly more important I think it also improves muso 's usability a lot. Thank you!