Connection to LMS

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
DuLac

Connection to LMS

Post by DuLac »

I have been running muso in a win7 machine together with LMS without any major problem.

Yesterday I installed LMS in a Vortexbox but I am having a major problem with muso.
muso communicates with LMS but I am unable to playing any track I choose from within the program.

I can play a track in LMS alright. It will show in Muso as Now Playing and if I open the respective album that song will be highlighted. That is the normal behaviour and that is why I assume muso communicates with LMS
However, if I chose to play another song from that album or any other one from within muso it will clear any previoulsy queued music in LMS but it will not play it.
If I choose to play a full album muso will show my choice in Queued Music but LMS queue remains empty

I installed Vortexbox in a machine with 2 different sized discs strictly following their instructions
I also followed the setup instructions in http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=SetupMuso and all seems fine. I enclose a print screen image.

A minor thing which probably is irrelevant here. If I bind the connection and if I then Test Binding it will show 'Database is bound to address 127.0.0.1'. This does not seem to be right as the Db is in a different machine.
Any clues? Thanks.
Attachments
Muso_vortexbox.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Connection to LMS

Post by musoware »

Mine says 127.0.0.1 when I bind it too - that must be LMS's own address for itself. Make sure you un-bind and restart LMS before you test again though. The only thing I do differently to you (and I have a vortexbox device also) is to use a static IP address for the box, and map to \\<machineIP>\files\music\ rather than \\<machineIP>\music\flac - the \files bit is probably not important but the trailing backslash might be.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Incidentally how did you get LMS 7.8.0 for VortexBox? Is that a Beta version? Is Logitech still developing it?

If it's beta it MAY explain some of the unusual behaviour, if this is not fixed by modifying the binding and paths as suggested - if that's the case I'm afraid I won't be able to support it.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I got the full package from Vortexbox. I am going to investigate if I can use a previous version Thanks.
---------
Correction. I may (or I may have not) upgraded the LMS once I had it installed. I cannot recall. Thank you for the hint .
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Please check this entry in the VB forum
http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/be ... -lms-7-8-0
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Problem solved, albeit with very little elegance.
I started everything from scratch. I now have LMS 7.7.2 and I am using a fixed IP address. The bad news are that everything behaved the same as before. No way I could choose what tracks to play from within muso.
So then I decided to map the network directory to a windows drive and set up muso accordingly. And voila! Suddenly all is working well, but I am not very happy with this solution.
I am sure it has to do with some network misconfiguration (firewall?) although I can access the Linux drive in Explorer using \\«IP address»\music\flac! I am puzzled but I can now use muso and these are good news.
Any hints from your side?
Attachments
muso.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

So adding the V: drive mapping (and the second equivalence path) cured whatever problems you were having with using a fixed IP address alone? No, I don't know why this should be, I use a fixed IP with a VortexBox and everything work's fine (the only difference being I haven't secured LMS with a security username/password).

Did you check the binding to ensure the db is unbound?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I was testing this problem by importing one album at a time to an empty database to make everything more expedite.
If I import an album from the mapped drive (V: in my case) the program works alright. The file path in the Db (as shown in the Edit Tracks Screen) is V:\John Doe - wyz
If I make a Quick LMS Scan or a Full Scan the tracks import alright but they won't play. The file path in the Db is \storage\music\flac\John Doe - wyz
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

OK! I think I solved it now! :P
I firstly installed Vortexbox using DHCP. I had some problems with the first instals and I went on to instal VB some 3 times always using DHCP. That's when I start reporting the problem here
Recently I changed to a fixed IP and the same problem continued to happen.
To make a long story short somehow my PC and my router kept the the IP from the very first DHCP install
I noticed the problem when I entered the command 'nslookup vortexbox' and got back the wrong IP. It was an IP which I could recognize as the one which was attributed when I first ran LMS from the VB
I went on to check my router console and there it was a Vortexbox device with the wrong IP! I simply delete this device and restarted the router.
All is OK now! Knock on wood!
Thank you for your support.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for letting me know.