Remote losing connection after hibernate

Report bugs/issues with the Muso software. Fixed issues will be archived.
MDE

Remote losing connection after hibernate

Post by MDE »

Having problems with the remote app not displaying NP or queuing tracks. Muso itself is working fine and other aspects of the remote are OK (view albums etc). Makes no difference if I'm using the iPod or desktop (local) browser. Any ideas?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Remote not communicating properly

Post by musoware »

I think I'd need to see a log, if you could send one. Even with a log remote issues are quite hard to diagnose. Stopping and restarting muso is always a good idea in the event of remote issues too. The remote is still beta functionality, though obviously I'm still keen to iron out issues.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Thanks - I'll restart it in debug mode (which may well fix it, in which case can I just leave it in debug or will the log get inordinately large?)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Quite large possibly but not GBs
MDE

Post by MDE »

Restart fixed it. Will leave it in debug mode and post if it happens again.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK thanks. How long to you leave muso running for typically? And the remote?
MDE

Post by MDE »

It varies enormously. When I had the problem, it had probably been through one or two hibernations. The remote is usually re-loaded each time. Muso is on my laptop, but I'm thinking of putting it on the same machine as the LMS and the music library, which is permanently on, as I can access it using VNC from my laptop, which is used quite intensively for other stuff.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Just tried again after an overnight hibernate. Remote did not communicate. Turned off the remote server and restarted it - seemed to fix the issue. Shall I send the log?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Not if it's huge - I think the hibernate is probably the issue so I can test that here first. It probably means the remote loses its connection - I'll see what can be done.