Missing and incorrect artwork

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
rwlms

Missing and incorrect artwork

Post by rwlms »

Everything is OK in LMS web interface and on my Logitech Touch.
All coverart is a 'cover.jpg' in the album folder.
After re-importing my LMS collection (after clearing database and artwork), about 4000 albums, I've noticed two problems with the displayed artwork:
1) Three of them haven't been imported and instead display the version that muso itself creates (the swirly background with text on top)
2) In two artists, instead of the proper cover, a cover from another of that artists albums is used i.e. two Black Sabbath albums have the same cover and all three Travelling Wilbury albums have the same cover.

Any ideas? Anything I can do to help diagnose the problem?
Thanks
Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Missing and incorrect artwork

Post by musoware »

There are some occasions muso will need assistance choosing the correct cover when there are several images in the album folder - on the album page you should see a link to the images found - if you go to that page you can choose one of them as the cover. Having said that if you have cover.jpg consistently named and specify that first in the search path it should have picked that up - you can try clearing the existing artwork via the right-click menu, then seeing if it picks up the correct one. This is assuming that Muso has read access to the music folders (and if LMS is on a different device, an appropriate mapping is configured).

If all else fails you can choose the "Google Image Search" option from the album page then drag the required artwork into the page.
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

I've now sorted out item 1). It was me. The files were still called by their correct name and not cover.jpg!
I've investigated item 2) a bit further and have noticed something common to the four that are not displayed correctly.
In each case the name of the album ends in a number e.g. 'Vol 4' giving a path that ends in a number before the cover art e.g. Q:\Music\My CDs\Black Sabbath\Vol 4\cover.jpg
I have plenty of others that end in a number but these might be the only ones that end with a space before the number. Could that space + number be the problem?
If so will you fix it or shall I just rename my folders?
Thanks again, Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think I know what's going on there. Muso sees the "Vol 4" album folder and thinks that's volume 4 of a set, and therefore marks the tracks as belonging to the "parent folder" (and uses the first image found in that parent folder's file structure). If you go to the album page, click on "Edit Tracks" then selects all the rows and hit Edit - check the Album Organisation setting at the top - if it's set to the middle option ("by Parent Folder"), change it to the first ("Same Folder"). Then apply these changes, and back on the album page right click and choose "Clear Artwork". It should now use Vol 4\cover.jpg.
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

Thanks for the info. These were the only albums with the title Vol x or Volume x.
In order for this not to happen again (new computer, clear artwork, etc.) I have renamed the folders.
All is working correctly.
Thanks, Rob