Album sorted in wrong order

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
rwlms

Album sorted in wrong order

Post by rwlms »

I know this seems unlikely but its happening. I've imported my collection from LMS. I force items to be in the right order by setting the artist sort, for example 'Bowie, David' to force David Bowie to be under B. Everything is OK in LMS.
About 4000 albums are all OK. Except for 6 albums by Stephen Stills. They have the album sort of 'Stills, Stephen' but they are appearing sorted on 'Ste' (between Steely Dan and Stereophonics) instead of 'Sti' (between Rod Stewart and Sting).
By the way they don't appear in the Tools - Options - Sorting list, as if the album artist hasn't been imported.
Does that sound like a bug or something with my data that needs investigating (unlikely)?
Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Album sorted in wrong order

Post by musoware »

Actually that does sound likely. You could always create a sort entry in Muso to fix this, but to get it to be imported from LMS requires a small mod. I noticed early on that LMS has hundreds (if not thousands) of sort entries where the sort name is virtually identical to the unsorted name (or exactly the same), so having little to no effect other than to bloat the sort list. So I make an attempt only to import effective sortlist entries by checking that there is some difference in the first two letters - I'll change this to 3 or 4 in the next version.
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

OK, understand. Yes please, 4 or more would be a help.
Or maybe an option to set the number?
Rob
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

When is the next version due so I can test this fix?
Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's there now in 1.5.42
rwlms

Post by rwlms »

Tested and all OK.
Thanks.