Music Database Not Importing Fully

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
gingi

Music Database Not Importing Fully

Post by gingi »

Bought lifetime license yesterday. Using foobar2000. Attempted import of all folders (and subfolders) from my music database using deep scan, quick scan, and even specific folder to try to get an example of a missing folder. No matter what, only a fraction of the contents of my music collection is showing up. foobar2000 can "see" them all just fine, but Muso does not. Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Music Database Not Importing Fully

Post by musoware »

Try checking the filetypes under options/prefs. What types are your music files?
gingi

Post by gingi »

Thank you for your prompt response.
I have a combination of .mp3 and .wma in my music collection. However, in Muso, when I do the File Types as you suggest, it lists only .mp3 as on option (and it is selected). It does not give me any options to include other file types, such as .wma. And indeed, the portions of my music collection that have not been included in the Muso library/database are .wma. The Apply and Toggle options listed as options under File Types seem superfluous if I can't include more than one file type. I don't recall seeing any of this covered in your help files.

Please enlighten me.
Thanks,
Gingi
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

From the Tools menu choose Options.
In the Configuration tab, in the Importing box, you should see a list of file types, add .wma to the list, then re-import.
gingi

Post by gingi »

Bingo! Thanks.